129 210 S Sandbox
rating: 0+x

SCP-### (Back-flasher)

Item #: SCP-###

Object Class: Euclid, potentially Keter

Special Containment Procedures: All recovered SCP-### units are to be stored individually within soundproofed, water-resistant, titanium-plated, 1.25m^3^ boxes. The boxes are to be stored in a subterranean mass-storage pool flooded with water between one (1) and five (5) degrees Celsius. Requests have been submitted to Oversight with hopes that Telekill alloy may be used to line the pool walls and form a sliding lid to close off the pool’s surface. Four guards with Level 3 clearance are to watch the surface of the pool for any escaped air bubbles or other disturbance of the pool’s stillness, as this may indicate a leak. Should a SCP-### leak be discovered, all personnel are required to refrain from speaking until the threat lifts.

Personnel with Level 3 clearance or higher may request use of SCP-### as an aid in presentations and interrogations. Submissions will be reviewed by a jury of Level 4 personnel to determine whether or not use of the SCP is necessary. Bear in mind that usage of SCP-### around sentient SCPs with allegedly “dark and/or mysterious pasts” is allowed, but discouraged. SCP-### may only be used in specially-designated soundproofed rooms that cannot be opened while SCP-### is loose. Personnel using SCP-### must sign a written contract with two conditions:

1. The user understands the reality-warping potential of SCP-### and its influence on the human mind.

2. SCP-### must never be used in the presence of someone from or possibly representing the film or television industries. The video game industry is still under review.

Description: SCP-### units possess no physical presence, but do appear to be associated with specific points in space at any given time. They appear to be at least partially sentient, being able to seek out potential targets, and so can be successfully baited with audio recordings. SCP-### units are incapable of escaping soundproofed containers, but may still affect the minds of sapient beings within 1.2m to 1.6m from the container.

For unknown reasons, SCP-### units target sentient creatures, especially humanoids, who either prepare to speak or think about past experiences. Once in the vicinity of its target, a SCP-### unit will blur reality and reenact the events as narrated for all those present to view, sometimes even cancelling the narration itself. In many instances, noises were recorded during the transitional phase; most commonly heard is a sound similar to an arpeggiating harp.

Because SCP-### units have been around for so long, the human mind has evolved to ignore them and attribute their effects to imagination in order to prevent the race from falling to mass-paranoia and potentially widespread psychotic breakdowns. Regardless, SCP-### units are still deemed a public danger. All retrieved SCP-### units must be isolated until a means to destroy them is discovered.
Addendum ###-1: ██/██/1941: In his quest to produce the best movie ever made, US filmmaker Orson Welles captured several SCP-### units for use in his film, along with several other items later classified as SCP including SCP-[###+1]-D (a monocle allowing the wearer to focus on objects in the foreground and background simultaneously) and SCP-[###+2]-D (a cloth through which light and sound may permeate when used as a ceiling). Despite the Foundation’s interference ensuring that Welles’ film failed financially, critics still praised the film, prompting much of the film industry to imitate Welles’ techniques. Thankfully, SCP-[###+1] and [###+2]-D were passed off as special effects and decommissioned before the rest of the film industry could get hold of them. Other companies were soon able to replicate the effects with non-threatening materials. However, use of SCP-### is still widespread. Strategies to counteract this trend are under development.

Addendum ###-2: ██/██/1950: Japanese filmmaker Akira Kurosawa ran several experiments on captured SCP-### units in preparation for an upcoming film. SCP-### is discovered to be highly suggestible and proves capable of altering its reenactment based on the how a speaker presents the events. SCP-### is evolving.

Addendum ###-3: ██/██/████: Despite best efforts of the Foundation, the film and television industries appear to be accumulating SCP-### units at an alarming rate. Several researchers suspect that Hollywood executives have somehow discovered ways to breed SCP-### units and are shipping units to aspiring filmmakers at high prices. Those bastards don’t know the forces they’re tampering with. Fortunately, the public remains ignorant about the use of SCP-### units, still clinging to the “special effects” story presented in 1941.

SCP-### (Anatomy Avenging Claymore)

Item #: SCP-###

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-### is to be sealed within a locked chest with a base measuring 4m x 1m. This chest is to be held within a cubic room with all dimensions equaling 20m, and all surfaces must be plated with .5m thick titanium. All experimentation involving SCP-### is to take place within this room unless removal of SCP-### is absolutely necessary, in order to prevent accidental damage to the base and to preserve the reputation of its designated carrier.

All personnel slated to interact with SCP-###, including the two Level 3 guards to be based outside of SCP-###’s container, must first undergo thorough physical examination. The results of these exams will be privately sent to the designated Level 4 staff member currently overseeing SCP-###, who will use these data to determine which personnel may and may not wield SCP-###.

Description: SCP-### is a large claymore with a blade measuring 3m (approx. 9’) from hilt to tip and .5m (approx. 1.5’) at the base. At the present, it appears that only male humans and humanoids may wield SCP-### with extreme variations in degree of effectiveness; some male personnel are capable of expertly wielding SCP-### with one hand while other male personnel are unable to move the SCP-### entirely. Thickness and length of tissue growth in an anatomical region of the wielder (deemed the "critical zone") has been discovered as the causal variable behind the wielder's prowess with SCP-### (See Incident Report ###-2 below)

Incident Reports: Note: All persons whose names are displayed have personally requested that their names not be blocked. Requests were upheld by O5-█, who had also expressed hopes that he be mentioned by name in the following report.

Incident Report ###-1: SCP-### was discovered in a remote Scottish village during an incident in 19██. Resident ████ █████ wielded SCP-### on a highly destructive rampage in response to being officially named the village’s laughingstock for a yet unexplained reason. Mr. █████ was successfully neutralized by local Foundation Agents ████ and Newrock. Upon attempting to remove the weapon, Agent Newrock proved unable to budge SCP-###, whereas Agent ████ successfully lifted SCP-### with two hands while carrying an injured teenager. Questions naturally arose from this phenomenon, as all physical examinations taken before and after the incident indicate Agent Newrock to have proportionally more muscle tissue than Agent ████ as a whole and in all individual anatomical regions.

Incident Report ###-2: Initial hypotheses regarding SCP-### predicted an inverse relationship between muscle mass to body mass ratio and capability of wielding SCP-###. These hypotheses were shattered when Dr. Evergreen, a particularly scrawny Foundation researcher, was shown to be incapable of wielding SCP-###. Physical examination records of Dr. Evergreen, Agent Newrock, and Agent ████ were compared; Dr. Evergreen had significantly less muscle tissue than Agent ████ overall, but individual region comparisons indicate that Dr. Evergreen possesses a disproportionately large amount of tissue in an anterior, inferior region of his body – henceforth referred to as the “critical region” – more comparable to that of Agent Newrock than that of Agent ████.

Experiments were run with sets of D-class personnel and several willing (notedly prideful) staff members of clearance Level-2 and higher. Initial results were thrown off slightly by certain personnel feigning difficulty lifting the sword, but measures were taken to prevent this after the trend was realized. Tests confirm exponential inverse relationships between ease of wielding SCP-### and both the width and length of tissue measured in the critical region.

Incident Report ###-3: After prolonged contact with SCP-###’s handle, Level-3 Foundation guard [REDACTED ON PERSONAL REQUEST] displays increased capability of wielding SCP-###. Initially suspecting increased muscle mass in arms, physical exams confirmed much the opposite, to [REDACTED] dismay; tissue in the critical region had diminished since [REDACTED] previous physical examination.

Incident Report ###-4: Upon discovery that changes in the critical region may increase control of SCP-###, several foundation researchers forcibly extracted approximately 95% of tissue mass from the critical region of Agent Newrock and presented him with SCP-### before attempting to flee SCP-###'s titanium-plated storage room. Displaying newfound control over SCP-###, a disgruntled Agent Newrock swung the sword from a standing position and sliced through all researchers within the room, most of which were standing more than twelve (12) meters away, while dealing significant damage to the titanium plating on the walls. Agent Newrock then allegedly tossed SCP-### back into the chest and hurried to SCP-427 in hopes of regenerating tissue to his critical region.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License