Animal Rights

Item #: SCP-XXX

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures:

SCP-XXX must be kept in a sealed, metallic cylinder with a volume no larger than 200mL. The cylinder is to occupy an airtight storage cell with dimensions of 50cm by 50cm by 50cm. The cell must be equipped with a vacuum in order to prevent a containment breach in the event of a leaking cylinder.

Foundation personnel are absolutely prohibited from contact with SCP-XXX; experimental handling must be managed through a D-Class proxy. Proxies are required to be equipped with full-arm nitrile rubber gloves. D-Class with a history of environmentalism, violence, and/or extreme misanthropy are barred from contact with SCP-XXX unless specifically authorized by Dr. ████.

Instances of SCP-XXX-1 are to be issued Class A amnesiacs and released when deemed safe.

Description:

SCP-XXX is a turquoise, highly viscous liquid. Discovered after a series of pet store thefts in █████████, Ohio, the liquid’s anomalous properties are manifested upon contact with exposed human skin. Contact with non-human organisms has no effect.

When SCP-XXX is activated, subjects begin to exhibit increased concern for non-human life. Within a period of 2 to 3 weeks, subjects (henceforth referred to as instances of SCP-XXX-1) demonstrate almost-worshiping reverence for all non-human animals.1 In extreme cases (approximately 12% of infections), SCP-XXX-1 will hold humans in contempt. Once the conversion is complete, SCP-XXX-1 will attempt to keep all non-human animals alive and content at any cost. Examination of SCP-XXX-1 reveals no visible sign of SCP-XXX, or any physical abnormalities.

After initial contact with SCP-XXX, SCP-XXX-1 will attempt to contain the liquid, and eventually expose other persons to it. Approximately every █ days, SCP-XXX-1 will experience a strong urge to repeat contact with SCP-XXX. If contact is not made, SCP-XXX-1 will experience withdrawal-like symptoms, including pain and anxiety, lasting for approximately 2 months. At the end of this period, SCP-XXX-1 will be cured, and are considered to be safe from then on.

Incidents:

Incident XXX-A:

A series of thefts in █████████ led local police to the home of Ms. █████ ██████. Investigation found that Ms. ██████ had been stealing and keeping animals from a variety of sources she viewed as “exploitative.” Ms. ██████ was also suffering, apparently voluntarily, from a number of easily-curable parasitic diseases (full list attached). SCP-XXX was discovered in Ms. ██████’s refrigerator, and was brought to the Foundation’s attention when Detective █████, who handled the liquid, began to exhibit strong sympathies with the animal rights movement, which he had reportedly held in “strong contempt” previously.

Incident XXX-B:

Following reports of missing persons in █████████, Alaska, a second instance of SCP-XXX has been discovered. Three (3) of the missing persons were discovered in the basement of local resident Mr. ████ ███████, who had previously been arrested several times for other offenses, such as assault. Mr. ███████’s home was also discovered to harbor a glass of SCP-XXX, a large number of stray and abused animals, and vials of parasitic organisms. Investigation revealed that the abducted persons were held for █ months in order to provide sustenance for local mosquitoes, as well as hosts for a variety of parasites. Mr. ███████ had exposed them to SCP-XXX, which resulted in the individuals claiming to have “served a purpose” and objecting to rescue.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License