AuRon test
rating: 0+x

Item #: SCP-XXXX

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: Due to its nature and long gestation period, SCP-XXXX is not currently contained. All personnel are to remain on lookout for new outbreaks.
Samples of SCP-XXXX are to be kept frozen at all times, other than during testing. Any personnel interacting with SCP-XXXX should wear class 4 bio-hazard suits and are to take a decontamination bath after contact. Any personal infected with SCP-XXXX are to be quarantined immediately with as little human contact as possible. Quarantine is not to be lifted until all traces of SCP-XXXX have left the subjects system, or the subject has expired.
All cases of SCP-XXXX outside of foundation testing are to be treated with high priority to prevent an outbreak and possible epidemics.
Bodies and clothing of those infected by SCP-XXXX should be incinerated immediately to prevent further contamination.

Description: Due to a lack of mass outbreaks or reports of them, it is believed that SCP-XXXX was artificially created for biological warfare, and the possibility for stronger strains to appear is still a strong possibility.

SCP-XXXX appears to be a member of the Corynebacterium genus. SCP-XXXX infects the host's sweat glands and through unknown methods, uses them to produce hydrochloric acid (HCl). SCP-XXXX's main method of transmission is through direct physical contact but in rare cases it can be spread through blood, saliva and even [REDACTED].

SCP-XXXX has a gestation period of up to 6 months, during which time it is still transmittable to others. Symptoms of SCP-XXXX include: high fever, pain across the body, rashes under the arms and around the groin, and [REDACTED].

Treatment of SCP-XXXX is currently administration of antibiotics, which is effective in 75% of cases. Strains which show an immunity to broad-spectrum antibiotics are to be sampled for further testing.

Addendum XXXX-1
Overseer: Dr. G███
Subject D-43913 was infected with SCP-XXXX on ██/██/████ and monitored remotely for the duration of the infection.

Day 10: Subject shows no sign of infection. Subject's vitals and appetite are normal. Some new reading material will be provided, along with a small weight set to help alleviate boredom.

Day 30: Subject becoming irritable, probably due to continued confinement. The subject has requested a television. Request is approved, but the subject is allowed only to watch movies that were released prior to containment.

Day 100: Subject has been docile,and shows no signs of illness yet. The subject has asked multiple times to go outside and be in the sun. All requests have been denied.

Day 153: The subject has registered with a small fever and has reported cold sweats. Subject continues to function normally, even working out regularly.

Day 166: Fever has increased to 38 degrees Celsius. Subject has reported pain along with reddening of the skin around the armpits, groin and head.

Day 171: Subject has become bedridden as acids continue to eat away at the skin. Subject has lost hair and his skull is now partially visible. Redness has spread to about 80% of his remaining skin. Subject is now in too much pain to function normally.

Day 185: Skin under the arms and at the groin has been completely removed by the acid, leaving large open sores. Subject appears to spend most of his time sleeping, waking up mostly to hydrate and eat a little. Considerable weight loss has been observed.

Day 196: Subject expires. 90% of his skin has been eaten away, leaving him prone to other infections. Any movement had become painful and blood loss contributed largely to his death.
The room will be decontaminated at once and the subjects body will be held for further study.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License