Bridgekeeper's Sandbox
rating: 0+x
dell-r720xd_1.png
SCP-XXXX

Item #: SCP-XXXX

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: ██SCP-XXXX is to be stored in a standard 5x3x5 meter anomalous object containment cell. SCP-XXXX is to be unconnected from any network or power source. No computers are to be connected to XXXX except under testing circumstances authorised by a level 3 researcher. There is to be no less than three (3) constantly maintained firewalls preventing SCP-XXXX from access to the internet. Each firewall is to be connected to a unique and independent power source so as to maintain function in the event of a power outage.

Description: SCP-XXXX is a standard "survival" █████████ server hosted on a ████ ███████████ system. Upon connecting to SCP-XXXX from any █████████ client, the subject becomes unresponsive, exhibiting symptoms of a coma. Once players have fallen into this unresponsive state, their consciousness is seemingly transposed into the game environment.

Communication with the subjects is possible by means of the server's console. Researchers are able to open the command console of SCP-XXXX, and by inputing text communicate with the subjects in the game enviroment. Attempts to issue any command from the server console have proved fruitless.

SCP-XXXX was acquired by the foundation ██/██/20██ after news reports of ███ children falling into a coma while playing the game █████████ were picked up in a routine observation of international news. After determining that all the cases were connected to the same server, foundation agents were dispatched to acquire the hardware and all ███ subjects that had been affected by XXXX at that point in time. XXXX was located and recovered without incident from ██████ University where it was hosted. The university was burned to cover the disappearence as per standard protocal. Upon acquisition SCP-XXXX's secondary anomalous effect was discovered. It is apparently impossible for XXXX to be powered down, as it continued to operate as foundation agents removed it from the premises and has not stopped since.

Exploration of XXXX (See exploration log XXXX-1) has revealed that it is populated by approximately ███ sentient subjects, henceforth refered to as SCP-XXXX-1 and an infinite number of computer generated entities. These entities take many shapes, emulating animals (pigs, sheep etc) and monsters (zombies, skeletons etc). Some of these entities are aggressive towards the subjects, some are of a peaceful nature.

Examples of XXXX-1 are capable of several feats that would be impossible in the real world, implying that the laws of physics do not apply in XXXX. These include the ability to effortlessly carry up to ████m3 of material at any one time and the physical strength to break tree trunks and even solid rock with their bare hands. XXXX-1 do not appear to be able to die. Upon suffering an amount of physical trauma analogous to that required to kill a human they reappear where they last slept. D-class subjects used to test SCP-XXXX have confirmed that any truma suffered in XXXX is felt as severely as if it had occurred in reality. The bodies of XXXX-1 entities do not appear to have any connection to the in-game subjects and can be disposed of without any impact on the subject in question. MRI scans show that once a subject has entered SCP-XXXX their body is left devoid of mental activity. As of yet, no method has been found whereby a subject can be returned to their body.

Prolonged exposure to SCP-XXXX appears to have an adverse effect on the mental health of subjects, although this may not be an anomalous factor, as the profound physical and mental stresses imposed by the effects of XXXX could well have a degenerative effect on the human psyche. Approximately ██% of SCP-XXXX-1 display aggressive antisocial tendencies, actively seeking out and killing other examples of XXXX-1. Although this is often in aid of acquiring the resources held by the deceased, this predatory action has been observed to occur for no reason but the act of murder itself. Some of these aggressive subjects have displayed a predication towards psycopathy, destroying the shelters constructed by other XXXX-1 and in one notable case, waiting at the bed of subject D-42884 and killing him each time he reappeared. (See exploration log XXXX-2)

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License