Butterfly

Object Class: Safe.

Special Containment Procedures: Host secured in sector-█, following retrieval. Sealed plexi-glass sub-room with decontamination entry chamber. Incendiary measures implemented in case of breach. All Level 0 clearance personnel have been restricted and E-statuses removed.

Host is secured to standard issue medical bed by way of nylon restraints [implemented to prevent host from injuring himself]. Closed-circuit monitoring established.

Doctor Igor Nomilov assigned to oversee removal of parasite from host.

Description: SCP# appears to be parasitic in nature, having attached itself to a male host [designated hereafter as SCP#-1]by way of his neck. SCP#-1 is identified as █████ ███████, a resident of ██████,██. SCP#-1 is twenty-five years in age, weighing approx. 80kg. When first found at site-████, SCP#-1 was distressed; moaning, sobbing, and clawing at the area of his neck around SCP# point of connection. He had caused severe lacerations and became increasingly aggitated, prompting Doctor Nomilov’s order for sedation.

At first glance, SCP# shares many anatomical similarities with an annelid. It measures 45cm in length from its connection to SCP#-1’s neck to end, with an average circumference of 15cm; ‘tail’ tapered. Initial observation offers no indication as to how much of SCP# is inside of the host. There are no apparent extremities, nor orifices. Closer inspection reveals the surface of SCP# to be covered in setae. Skin is “pallid and waxy”, as described by Doctor Nomilov. Setae are similar in color.

APPENDIX I
MRI Results
Submitted by: Doctor Igor Nomilov
Date: ███/2010
An MRI of SCP# and SCP#-1 reveals the parasite has burrowed deeply into the host’s neck, I would say close to 7cm. Additionally, SCP# has attached itself to the host’s central nervous system by way of two narrow tentacles extending from its ‘head’. The tentacles appear to have pushed themselves between the vertebrae and disks and secured themselves directly to the spinal nerve. Interestingly, this had not impeded SCP#-1’s ability to use his arms and legs.

I can find no evidence of either oracular,olfactory, or audition activity , indicating possible reliance on tactile sense for ‘sight’. SRT will be able to determine more.

APPENDIX II
Stimulus Response Report
Submitted by: Doctor Travis Lauder
Date:███/2010
I have been tasked with administering a Stimulus Response Test(SRT) to SCP# and SCP#-1.

SRT/SCP#
Variation in light has no effect. Variations measured from This supports Doctor Nomilov’s belief in a lack of oracular organs. Otherwise, the higher range of lumens (800 and higher) would have caused a protective reaction of some kind.

lumens spectrum range
low: 0.00/high: 1 million

Sonic tests met with the same results, except when frequencies in the 20hz-200hz range were increased beyond 70db. I believe this to be more of a tactile stimulation than audio, however. The heavy vibration caused by the low frequency/high db output is most likely felt rather than heard.

Response was generally in the form of minor movement by SCP#. I repeated the test and made closer examination of the setae. When sound levels approached 70db, the setae become excited, moving gently in rythmn. Body of SCP# began to writhe slightly. At 116db, SCP# begins to move away from the sound source. I must note that in conjunction with SCP#’s response, SCP#-1 responded negatively, with shouted demands that the sound be stopped. SCP#-1 became hostile when demands were not met and fought against restraints. Once sonics were terminated, he complained of nausea and ringing in his ears. Further sonic tests are recommended if/when SCP# is removed from the host.

Handling of SPC# results in no negative response as has been observed. Minor writhing and excitement of setae, but no attempt to move away.

Final analysis is as follows: External portion of SPC# is still sensitive to stimuli.

APPENDIX III
Additional Notes from Doctor Nomilov
Date: ███/2010
It has been one week since SPC# and host were brought to ██████ from ██████. SPC# has changed little, though there has been a great deal of activity with SPC#-1. His ability to move his extremeties has become limited. Before loss of speech, he had begun to complain of chronic pain throughout his body, most notably in his neck and head. ████████████████████████████████████████████, for I do not wish to run the risk of compromising SCP#. The discomfort of SCP#-1 is no longer my concern. I already chastise myself for administering a sedative when first contact was made. Nevertheless, I could not take the chance that SCP#-1 would injure the parasite with his hysterics.

Mucus has built up in SCP#-1’s mouth and in the corners of his eyes. As the build up has increased, I’ve ordered the installation of a breathing tube. X-rays are showing fluid build up in the lungs, however, and I am not sure how much longer █████ will live. As of the writing of these notes, he is stabilized.

APPENDIX IV
Additional Notes from Doctor Nomilov
Date: ███/2010

So much has happened in the past week. SCP#-1’s condition has continued to deteriorate. The mucus around the eyes has increased and begun to harden, forming a leathery membrane. The eyes are barely visible, and no longer respond to variations in light. The pupils do not dilate or constrict, nor move. I would surmise that SCP#-1 cannot see anymore.

More fascinating, however, is that SCP# has begun to push itself further into the host. As of the writing of these notes, only 32cm of the annelid are exposed. I have ordered additional MRI’s so we may observe what is transpiring within the host. █████’s neck has become distended as SPC# continues to push inside.

I find myself at a crossroads. Should I remove the parasite in order to perform an autopsy, or do I allow it to continue this cycle? It is safe to say that █████ is lost, and therefor I see no reason to take his condition into account while making this decision.

I will confer with Dr.█████████ and Dr. ████ to decide.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License