Chelatek
rating: 0+x
EwpsK.jpg
SCP-XXXX

Item #: SCP-XXXX

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: The residence containing SCP-XXXX was purchased in 19██ by a Foundation front company. All windows and exits are locked and sealed with 3 steel deadbolts to prevent unauthorized entry. Security personnel are to discretely monitor the status of the house to prevent unauthorized access. Solid blinds are installed on all windows and timers are attached to the interior lights to present the appearance of an occupied building.

Description: SCP-XXXX is the second floor of the north facing wall of a house located in ████████, Virginia. The wall is about 0.5 m thick and the other side of the wall faces the outside. The inside wall is 2.4m tall by 2.4m wide, which is 0.5m taller than the other walls in the same room. According to blueprints of the house, this wall should be the same height as the other walls in the room; it also indicates that the wall is not insulated and thus is solid gypsum. Ultrasonic tests confirm that the wall is completely solid and that there are no pipes or wires running through it. SCP-XXXX maintains a constant 37.5 C temperature regardless of ambient temperature inside or outside of the house. Observers touching the wall have reported a percussive effect similar to a human pulse at a rate of 130 BPM, but attempts to record this with monitoring equipment have failed. The wall is painted white and has no outstanding features, but test subjects report feelings of nausea and panic, and the onset of tinnitus while exposed to the wall.

SCP-XXXX emits noise in the presence of warm-blooded living beings. The sound is too faint for normal human hearing to distinguish individual sounds, but monitoring equipment has recorded and analyzed this sound. It appears to be composed of sounds identified as a thick fluid dripping onto a metal floor and occasionally a tearing sound. Tapping on the wall results in an echo that has been measured as consistent with tapping on the wall of an metal chamber of dimensions 10m x 10m x 10m. While the sound is very faint, humans in the vicinity of the wall while it is producing sound, as well as subjects exposed to recordings of the sound, both report tinnitus and strong feelings of distress, as noted above.

Addendum:

Experiment A

Goal

Measure the reaction of the SCP to the presence and touch of a living human, and determine the reaction of a test subject to the SCP in relation to distance.

Procedure

Subject is a 26 year old class D male in good physical health. Subject is lucid and aware of surroundings. Subject does not report any discomfort or pain. Subject will follow instructions from researcher and and has been instructed to report any physical and mental changes he may experience.

Control subject (henceforth referred to as "control") is to remain outside of the room, facing away from the open door. Control is the same age, weight, and height as the subject, and has been evaluated to be in a similar mental state. Control is to sit in a Foundation-approved chair and has also been instructed to report any physical and mental changes he may experience.

The room has been cleared and the blinds on the windows opened to allow in natural light. Observers and equipment will remain outside of the room. Ambient temperature at the beginning of test is 23C.

Subject will approach the SCP from a max viewing distance of 6m, in increments of 1m, and will make contact with the SCP with his right hand for 10 seconds. Subject's has been instructed to express any change in personal comfort or any environmental observations. Due to the unsettling nature of SCP-XXXX, researchers have been equipped with SCP-███ to counter any reluctance subject may show in performing his assigned tests.

Tests

Distance: 6m

  • Both report nothing abnormal

Distance: 5m

  • Both report nothing abnormal

Distance: 4m

  • Subject reports slight tinnitus. Control remains comfortable.

Distance: 3m

  • Subject reports feeling dizzy and an increase in tinnitus. Control remains comfortable.

Distance: 2m

  • Subject is having trouble hearing instructions due to tinnitus and reports increased nausea. Subject expresses nervousness when told he will need to touch the wall. Control remains comfortable.

Distance: 1m

  • Subject attempts to vomit twice while covering the distance from 2m to 1m but is unsuccessful. Subject is reluctant to look at the wall and states that the symptoms increase when he does. Researchers need to encourage subject to proceed by ████████████████████████. Control remains comfortable but appears to be bothered by the actions taken by security.

Distance: 0.5m

  • Subject refuses to look directly at the wall. When forced to touch wall under threat of ████████, subject reports feeling a rhythm, verbally communicating the rate of percussion which is estimated to be 150 percussions per minute; instrumentation cannot detect any distortions in the wall. Subject reports that the wall feels very warm (instrumentation measures the wall at 37.5 degrees C) and completely smooth; subject is instructed to knock on the wall but refuses to until encouraged by researchers via use of SCP-███. An echo similar to that produced inside a metal chamber is heard and recorded by instruments. Subject is distressed but reports no pain. Control remains comfortable but reports being disturbed by subject's behavior, and reports an "unsettling" feeling when hearing the echo.

Subject is allowed to leave the room; subject runs out of the room and vomits in nearby bathroom.

Post procedure observations

  • Subject reports that upon leaving the room and vomiting, his discomfort and tinnitus immediately ended. When told he may need to go back into the room, the symptoms returned and the subject stated a refusal to continue even when threatened with further measures from researchers. Control remains comfortable but stated a desire to not enter the room.




** OH GOD STUPID BETA STUFF BELOW ITS BAD **







Item #: SCP-XXXX

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-XXXX is to be isolated at least 50m from the only means exit in a room.

Description: SCP-XXXX is an object that prevent detailed records from being kept about the object and its surroundings. This affects any form of record-taking, such as video recording, sound recording, and writing. The minimum undistributed viewing distance is 50m, where as the object and its surrounding area appear as normal, and all equipment functions properly.

When a test subject is instructed to pick up the object, they will appear to walk over to it, pick it up for 5 seconds, then put it down and walk away. Piecing together the fragmented memories of test subjects indicate that as an observer approaches the object, the object and surrounding area become gradually more distorted. The viewer will have increasingly fragmented memories of approaching SCP-XXXX, ad at the point of contact, their memory diverges from reality and it seems that they being a hallucination that test subjects have perceived to last up to 2 hours; the nature of the hallucination appears to be random. Recording instruments suffer a similar change, as at 0m, the recorded audio and video will be turned into static.

Observation from the minimum clear viewing distance and the fragmented reports from test subjects have estimated the object to be a glass cylinder 80 mm x 80 mm x 100 mm in size, with a metal lid and a dark red (possibly black) substance inside filling up roughly half of the container.

Addendum: [Optional additional paragraphs]







Item #: SCP-XXXX

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-XXXX is to be kept in a comfortable room of 5m x 5m or larger, and may be allowed to leave his room, but must be kept away from any SCP that exposes bodily fluids, bone, or any type of injuries.

Description: SCP-XXXX is an 5'10, 86 year old human male named [REDACTED]. SCP-XXXX is amiable and normally poses no threat to personnel or the general public. Tests show that he is equivalent in health to a 20 year old. SCP-XXXX has voluntarily lived in isolation, and upon discovery by SCP agents voluntarily turned himself over into custody of the Foundation.

SCP-XXXX has an uncontrollable need to fix all diseases and injuries that are presented to him. When exposed to an organism with an affliction, SCP-XXXX loses all physical and mental control and heads at high speed towards the biological materials; if he is restrained, he will scream incoherently and strain against his restraints. Once within reach, SCP-XXXX is able to pinch wounds closed, similar to stitching but with no discernible method of closure. In the case of broken bones, SCP-XXXX is able to set the bone in 5 seconds. In the case of infectious disease, he restraint the subject and [DATA EXPUNGED]. SCP-XXXX is also able to remove the total of any cancerous tissue, and has been tested as being able to reverse all tested forms of blindness, dementia, and infectious diseases.

The victim is often put in extreme amounts of pain and discomfort as these procedures are performed, possibly due to the rapid speed that SCP-XXXX performs them, but possibly due to the unknown mechanism that alters the tissues.

Once all wounds have been healed, SCP-XXXX will collapse in the place he is standing and require 24 hours of sleep. He will wake up remembering only flashes of the procedure performed.

SCP-XXXX is also able to damage life forms in the same way he is able to heal them. Incident [REDACTED] records an intruder who broke into compound [REDACTED] with an explosive device, and was reduced to a pile of cellular debris by SCP-XXXX. As he refuses to demonstrate further abilities on living beings, tests were performed on cadavers; SCP-XXXX demonstrated the ability to alter all of the cell's DNA to produce AIDS virus (as if infected), break every bone in the cadaver with a single blow, and tear any specified ligament by touching it.

Addendum: [Optional additional paragraphs]







Item #: SCP-XXXX

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-XXXX must be kept in a locked metal box that prevents free movement of the object. It must never be directly handled

Description: SCP-XXXX is an well-worn American quarter embossed with the year 1955. It was recovered from [REDACTED] in the year 19XX by Foundation agents after the previous owner committed suicide. Foundation researchers have not tested the object due to its unpredictable and often hard-to-detect effects, and the only information we have on its function is from the previous owner's journal entries and logged observations.

When thrown in the air, SCP-XXXX will land on either with either heads up or tails up. When SCP-XXXX lands heads-up, the previous action taken by the thrower will be undone. The previous owner tested it against a number of actions, such as firing a handgun, dropping a ceramic plate so that it shatters, and accidentally driving his car into a tree. Due to the location of the coin in relation to the owners body, it is believed he had thrown it into the air before committing suicide; the coin was found tails up. The owner was found living alone, although his journal makes many references to a wife.

When the coin lands tails-up, an action taken by the thrower in the thrower's past is reportedly changed. The thrower will be the only person who remembers taking a different action, and the resulting reality will mimick as much of the original reality as possible. Actions recorded as undone include fathering a child (he remained childless), dropping out of college his first year (he remained in and accrued massive debt), and visiting a ER when he experienced chest pains (he ignored them and later had a heart attack, accruing bills he did not pay).

The object has been tested once by a D-class, by ripping a sheet of paper in two. The D-class then threw the coin into the air, which landed tails-up. The D-class claimed that he had long hair before the experiment, but became bald after the coin flip. No record exists to support this claim. Even so, the object has been deemed too erratic to perform further tests against, and has been put in storage.

Addendum: [Optional additional paragraphs]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License