Dauss

Item#: SCP-XXXX

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-XXXX, being a situated structure, cannot be moved and is thus under permanent surveillance by foundation staff. Deterrents in the form of no trespassing signs, chained and locked doors, and routine patrols in the area surrounding (though not centered around) SCP-XXXX are to be maintained and conducted. A light guard should be kept ready for deployment at any time should trespassers violate the containment zone. Intruders are to be treated with a mild amnesiac and removed from site grounds at staff discretion.

Description: SCP-XXXX is an abandoned store front located near [DATA EXPUNGED] which appears to have been a front for a prohibition era speakeasy attributed to the █████. Though the main floor is not host to any known supernatural activity, entering the basement of the facility may result in a number of phenomena which foundation scientists have yet to explain. As of this writing, recording equipment of any kind which would be capable of recording events within SCP-XXXX will suffer failure should SCP-XXXX be triggered and all further reports concerning SCP-XXXX are a result of interviewed test subjects or foundation staff.

If untriggered, the person(s) entering the basement will find what would be expected of an abandoned bar. An unmaintained facility that is consistent in size with the layout of the main floor, a regular sized bar with room for 8 bar stools (though only 7 are accounted for, all in poor condition), and 6 booths with room for approximately 4 patrons each against the walls of the basement. The windows are boarded over, preventing the majority of sunlight from entering the room. The facility appears as though it has been unoccupied for some time and numerous local archives point to the business of both storefront and speakeasy being abandoned on ████ ████, ████, during the Great Depression. There are no signs of vandalism, aside from the missing bar stool.

If triggered, the person(s) entering the basement will encounter what has been described as a fully restored underground bar, including a bartender (Hereafter referred to as SCP-XXXX-1 [See addendum]) and patrons (SCP-XXXX-2 [see addendum]). The facility will be well maintained, and is for all intents and purposes a prohibition era speakeasy in full operation. Persons entering this phenomena report that turning to survey the open entrance behind them see a fully restored basement staircase lacking any signs of neglect (in contrast to the deteriorated stairs normally present) leading upwards into a vague darkness instead of the storefront (See addendum for reports on leaving the facility).

Upon entering the room, SCP-XXXX-1 will engage the subjects in conversation, beckon them to the bar (which will always have enough empty bar stools for all subjects currently involved in the phenomena), or both. Refusal to sit down is generally met with disapproval from SCP-XXXX-1 and his response is likewise either restricted to criticism of the subjects manners, an invitation to exit the bar, or both. Should the offer be accepted, and subjects take places on bar stools, SCP-XXXX-1 will offer the subjects their choice of beverage. Subjects asking for beverages can expect to receive what would be typical of a prohibition era speakeasy, and making requests outside of this range are generally met with humour or sarcastic remarks from SCP-XXXX-1.

Once all subjects have made their requests, SCP-XXXX-1 will serve them accordingly and begin normal bar maintaining activities, such as cleaning glasses or wiping up spills, while engaging each subject in conversation as though he knew each personally. Most subjects report being surprised at the personal knowledge SCP-XXXX-1 appears to have about them, yet do not feel alarmed or threatened by this revelation (see interview records). Questions and comments from SCP-XXXX-1 are often concerning inner turmoils or other deep regrets as reported by the subject and are asked in a caring tone described as 'friendly and concerned'. Subjects appear compelled to discuss these topics at great length with SCP-XXXX-1 whom is reported to offer advice or insight regarded by subjects as valuable. In case of multiple subjects, each will be questioned in turn, but are encouraged by SCP-XXXX-1 to weigh in on the conversations of other subjects. This will continue until each subject has been questioned in turn by SCP-XXXX-1.

Subjects report their beverages are refilled by SCP-XXXX-1 as they are emptied and become intoxicated as normal should they have selected alcoholic beverages (though upon exiting the room, BAC tests have revealed no abnormal levels of intoxication). Upon conclusion of conversation with SCP-XXXX-1, subjects will be informed by SCP-XXXX-1 that it is near closing time for the bar, and will encourage all subjects to come back another day. At this time subjects report feeling compelled, but in their own willingness, to leave the facility via the entrance steps. Upon climbing the steps, subjects report feeling exhausted, until all present subjects eyes close and they 'awaken' on the main floor of the storefront, feeling refreshed and otherwise normal.

Subjects report feeling motivated and empowered after the experience, telling interviewers that conversation with SCP-XXXX-1 has helped them reach conclusions on difficult personal quandaries. Subjects previously showing signs of animosity with each other will report that they now think better of the other person(s). Consideration of supplying access to SCP-XXXX for foundation staff to be used for therapeutic purposes has been submitted.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License