Fire Burning
rating: 0+x
moosejaw-a.jpg
TEXT-DESCRIBING-THE-PIC

Item #: SCP-XXX

Object Class: Safe/Euclid/Keter (indicate which class)

Special Containment Procedures: [Paragraphs explaining the Procedures]

Description: SCP-XXX is a large (_ by ___), three story brick building located in various locations. It is presently located at ███████, ██ (specifically, the [REDACTED]).

SCP-XXX appears completely normal on the exterior to the majority of the population; however, a small minority of the population (approximately 10%) will perceive the building as being on fire, seeing flames, seeing and smelling smoke, and hearing piercing screams, generally those of children. Those who see it will generally call emergency services to report the fire; those with an extremely altruistic bent will feel compelled to rush in and attempt to rescue the trapped occupants.

When the firefighters arrive, most of them will be irritated at the false alarm. If any of the firemen do perceive the fire, they will attempt to douse the flames and rescue the occupants, but will generally be stopped by their colleagues and pulled from active duty pending psychological evaluation. Those affected are utterly convinced the building is aflame and There is no known way to prevent _the perception_ by those so disposed.

SCP-XXX was acquired on ███████, 2███, after investigation of abnormally high (500+ annually) false fire alarms in the city. It has the ability to "move" in some unknown fashion, never presenting in the same location twice. It is not currently possible to predict SCP-XXX's movements or recurrence. While the sole identified specimen is located in ███████, due to the high false fire alarm rate (█████ per year in the ███████ alone) it seems highly probable that other instances of this SCP exist.

Photographs and video recordings taken by a non-perceiving person _ or a remote-controlled robot show , while those taken by __one who does_ reveal _fire_ SCP-XXX causes many deaths every year due to civilians' failed rescue attempts; this combined with its unpredictability account for its Keter classification.

Addendum: Dr. ████████: _request trying to find more__

Pending approval

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License