Gaz's Ideas - SCP-XXX
rating: 0+x
art-shaving-gillette-fusion-chrome-manual-razor.jpg
SCP-XXX prior to testing

Item #: SCP-XXX

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-XXX is to be sealed in an airtight plastic bag and stored in a Basic Containment Locker within Sector 25. Access code is restricted to Level 3 Research Staff and above.
Test proposals must be authorised by at least two (2) Level 3 Research Staff. Testing suspended as of ██/██/20██. (We've learned all we can from this, any further experimentation would just be a waste of time, resources and D-Class. - Dr. ████)

Description: SCP-XXX appears to be a "███████" brand men's razor, specifically the "██████ ██████" model. SCP designation applies to the main handle only; replacing the blade has shown no effect to its anomalous properties (See Experiment Log XXX-E-03). Object displays small imperfections consistent with reasonable wear-and-tear, as well as several larger marks acquired during initial material analysis and subsequent testing (See Experiment Log XXX-E-01/05).

The psychological aspect of SCP-XXX's anomalous properties arises when directly handled by an adult human (henceforth designated 'Subject'). Upon contact, Subject will be compelled to utilise SCP-XXX for its intended purpose (male subjects will invariably start by shaving the face/neck area, female Subjects have shown this compulsion in rare cases but have typically begun with legs/genital region). During and after use, Subject will express enjoyment and approval of SCP-XXX's performance, often claiming that it is "the best shave (they have) ever had." This behaviour has been designated Phase One.

Upon completion of Phase One, Subject will briefly hesitate to appreciate SCP-XXX's performance. After a period of between approximately █ and ██ seconds, Subject will appear dissatisfied, at which point they will proceed to shave other areas of their body, moving onto arms/legs, chest/stomach and genital region as appropriate, eventually tackling more difficult/delicate areas such as the head, fingers, toes and eyelashes. This behaviour has been designated Phase Two and will continue until Subject is satisfied that they have removed all hair from their body. Completion time is dependent upon both amount of hair removed and Subject's satisfaction.

During Phase Two, Subject may display behaviour typical of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (mild anxiety, repeatedly shaving a single area or insisting upon a particular number of strokes). In this instance, the physical aspect of SCP-XXX's anomalous properties will become apparent; repeatedly shaved areas will show no signs of expected skin irritation and any lacerations or grazes incurred will not bleed. Subject will neither display nor express any physical discomfort.

Upon release/removal of SCP-XXX, appropriate skin irritation will begin to appear and any lacerations/grazes will bleed as expected.

Addendum XXX-1: In ██% of tests, Subjects have expressed satisfaction upon completion of Phase Two and and relinquished possession of SCP-XXX. The remaining ██% [DATA REDACTED: SEE EXPERIMENT LOG XXX-E-07].

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License