izgardsscp

Item #: SCP-####

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-#### should be stored in an empty windowless 2x2x2 concrete room with a reinforced steel door and a remotely operated locking system. The door and access corridor are to be constantly monitored through video feed by Level 2 personnel. Access to SCP-#### is restricted to Level 3 personnel and higher. Furthermore, any person who has caused the death of another human is not cleared to access SCP-####.
In case of containment breach all personnel in the building occupied by SCP-#### are to be evacuated until SCP-#### is re-contained by Task Force Beta-6.
Any unauthorized contact with SCP-#### will result in immediate termination.

Description: SCP-#### is a simple chair made out of human bone and skin. Testing has confirmed that both correspond to that of a [DATA EXPUNGED]. Despite this, neither the skin nor bone show any of the expected degradation, and SCP-#### has so far proven to be indestructible by any means.

Persons who view SCP-#### will feel unconsciously compelled to sit on it, despite its gruesome nature, and will often absent-mindedly sit on it even when given a choice of chairs. Upon realizing where they are sitting the person will usually stand up in disgust, only to find that over time they sit on it again. This effect is mild; simple distractions or even a concious effort to not sit on the chair can negate it. Test subjects have reported that it is not especially comfortable, although it has been fount to be exceptionally ergonomic. Subjects sitting on SCP-#### for prolonged periods of time report improved posture and decrease in lower back, arm and leg pain.

When a subject who has caused the death of another person comes into contact with SCP-#### their personality is immediately and irreversibly altered. Psychological analysis of altered subjects reveals [DATA EXPUNGED]. Altered subjects will actively seek to [DATA EXPUNGED]. Subjects will then use these to construct a replica of SCP-####. These replicas are termed SCP-####-x and share neither the personality-altering properties nor the durability of the original. However, they are always found to be equally ergonomic and just as compelling to sit on as SCP-####. Most discovered instances of SCP-####-x have been disposed of (see Addendum C). The only methods of permanently subduing an altered subject to date are immobilization, ████████ ██ ███ █████████ and termination.

SCP-#### was discovered in ████, MT during a routine murder investigation. Evidence led police to ███████'s Antiques, where the proprietor, a Mr. ██████ ████, was in the process of [DATA EXPUNGED]. ██████ ████ was killed while trying to elude arrest. SCP-#### and ██ instances of SCP-####-x were recovered from the scene. No documents detailing the acquisition of SCP-#### were found.

SCP-#### was brought to the attention of the Foundation when the investigating police force attempted to dispose of the chairs through incineration. Due to its durability, SCP-#### remained undamaged, and the local Foundation field office was. Investigating police officers were given a Class-B Amnesiac and SCP-#### was remove from their custody.

A background investigation revealed ██████ ████ had lost control of his vehicle and caused the death of his wife several years previous to the incident.

Addendum A: Task Force Beta-6 is to be formed of no less than 3 armed security personnel with no history of causing death or injury to another human. If a member of TF Beta-6 kills another person (while in the line of duty or otherwise) they will be immediately reassigned to another Task Force.

Addendum B: Testing with class-D personnel has shown that only subjects directly responsible for killing another person are affected by SCP-####. Subjects that are indirectly responsible for a death, for example, by ordering another person to commit a murder or through inaction, are not affected. As such, research personnel who have been indirectly involved in the death of another person (or persons) but wish to study SCP-#### can request special clearance from Level 5 staff.

Addendum C: SCP-#### has been suggested to O5 as a method of terminating Class-D personnel while replacing computer chairs at Sector-19 for no cost. To date no progress has been made on this suggestion. Dr. ███████ and Dr. █████ each currently use an instance of SCP-####-x as their computer chair. Requests to use instances of SCP-####-x to test SCP-914 have so far been denied.

Dr. █████: With all the grisly [EXPLETIVE] that we get up to here I hardly find sitting on a good chair to be in poor taste, regardless of its origin. Besides, my back has never felt better.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License