ksaid Sandbox

Item #: SCP-####

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures:

SCP-#### is to be held in a standard humanoid containment unit. Any surfaces in the unit must be painted with matte paint, or otherwise comprised of non-reflective materials. If the containment unit must have a mirror, it should be fitted with a shutter or light system to allow Containment personnel to deactivate it remotely.

Any predictions made by SCP-#### should be recorded, transcribed verbatim, and submitted to the Foundation Prophecy Database to be cross-referenced and archived.

Research on "crystal ghosts" is ongoing. The Foundation Ethics Committee is awaiting conclusive evidence before making a final decision regarding the anomalous status of Dr Hunwei Yuan. Until a verdict is delivered, Dr Yuan is to be kept in isolated containment. See Document E-####-0041 for further information.

Description:

SCP-#### is a 29 year old human male of Chinese descent. SCP-#### is genetically non-anomalous, but has been diagnosed with nystagmus, or "dancing eyes", a condition which causes rapid uncontrolled eye movement. SCP-#### previously used contact lenses to correct his vision, but now goes without due to the restrictions outlined above.

When SCP-#### stares into a mirrored surface for a prolonged period of time, he receives "psychic messages" which allow him to make accurate predictive statements about future events. These predictions are typically very short, often sentence fragments or ungrammatical collections of words. They have mostly been related to the Asian financial market, but SCP-#### has demonstrated the capacity to influence the message he receives by asking specific questions.

In testing, SCP-#### has shown the highest level of predictive accuracy regarding questions where the answers are:

  • Objective
  • Unambiguous
  • Quantitative
  • Chronologically close (occurring within the next 18 months or sooner)
  • Likely to be heavily documented

When these conditions are not met, SCP-####'s predictions are often vague and uncertain. SCP-####'s Head Researcher, Dr Hunwei Yuan, has requested that SCP-#### not be granted a permanent Object Class until results have been collected to confirm his predictive abilities beyond reasonable doubt. SCP-#### has agreed to participate in experimentation, under the understanding that complete cooperation could lead to a chance to return to civilian life.

Update 21/08/15:

Dr Yuan has completed primary testing on SCP-####. Included is an excerpt from Experiment Log SCP-####-008:

Question: Prediction: Result:
What will be the sixth-highest ranked stock by turnover value on the Honk Kong Stock Exchange in July 2015? Six. Bank of China. Four-three-two-seven-three-five-one-two-four-five-six. The sixth-highest ranked stock was Bank of China, with turnover of 43,273,512,456 HKD.
What is the greatest threat we will face in July 2015? Fall. May have been referring to the Chinese stock market crash, which began in June 2015. Researchers agree that the greatest threat faced in July 2015 was most likely the outbreak of SCP-████, colloquially known as "The Rise of ██████".

Dr Yuan suggests that these findings indicate that the information in SCP-####'s "psychic messages" may come from physical documentation of events. This would explain why SCP-#### has been unable to provide accurate information related to Foundation activity, which is often ██████ ██████ed.

Although SCP-#### does not exhibit 100% predictive accuracy, Dr Yuan has determined that his anomalous abilities have been proven beyond reasonable doubt. SCP-#### will be assigned the permanent Object Class Euclid.

Update 05/09/15:

Since being assigned a permanent Object Class, SCP-#### has become unruly, aggressive, and reluctant to participate in testing. Interviews suggest that this is due to dissatisfaction with the prospect of permanent containment. SCP-#### has been offered the opportunity to submit Form 20784, Appeal For Rights To Visitation With Family Members.

Update 07/09/15:

SCP-####'s Appeal has been denied by Dr Hunwei Yuan.

Update 12/09/15:

SCP-#### requested to speak to a Foundation researcher, with a great deal of urgency. Dr Yuan responded to the call, and conducted an impromptu interview over the containment unit intercom system.

SCP-#### claimed that he had, for the first time, experienced a psychic dream. In this dream he learned the source of his abilities. The psychic messages were imparted by beings he called "crystal ghosts", who were invisible and intangible to normal humans, but could communicate to him by possessing mirrors.

According to SCP-####, the leader of the crystal ghosts had approached him because they had just discovered a way to communicate directly with humans. The crystal ghosts apparently planned to use their powers to possess humans and take over the world.

When pressed for detail, SCP-#### was unable to respond, saying only that the crystal ghosts were hostile and very dangerous, and that their leader had said their first target for possession would be Dr Yuan himself.

Update 22/09/15:

SCP-####'s Head Researcher, Dr Lanhao Chen, has conducted extensive experimentation to attempt to gain further information on the "crystal ghost" entities. Any physical description has been vague and inconsistent, but their actions and reported intentions bear similarities to SCP-███, SCP-█████ and SCP-████, among others.

SCP-#### has stressed that the crystal ghosts are incredibly dangerous, especially when in control of a human host. Further research is ongoing to confirm the existence of crystal ghosts, and to discover a possible way to combat or contain them if an outbreak becomes imminent. SCP-####'s predictions suggest that such an outbreak could occur at any time, without warning.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License