LBD'S Sandbox

Item #: SCP-XXX

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures:

Members of SCP-XXX are to be kept in a large chamber (20 meter by 20 meter). The door is to be guarded, and the insides monitored by live camera feed. The walls of the chamber are to be metal, not cement. Guards are to wear amour with composite ceramic plating, which should defend them from any damage an enraged member of SCP-XXX might be able to inflict

For the health of members of this species, the chamber is to contain limestone boulders, mudstone boulders, and a large pool. SCP-XXX is to be fed as much fish as they require, and SCP-XXX are to be provided with small quantities of mammalian mucus/saliva and sweat as a dietary supplement. Human mucosa are authorized for use as a treat in training exercises.

For encouragement of a healthy quantity of exercise, live fish are to be regularly released into the pool.
Researchers must have permission before they are allowed to enter the chamber with members of SCP-XXX. They are also to sign a waiver stating that they understand the risks of kissing SCP-XXX.

Anyone kissing or otherwise bringing an orifice into contact with a member of SCP-XXX is to be placed in quarantine four days later. Quarantine is to last five days as the reproductive cycle of SCP-XXX occurs. Infection with the offspring of SCP-XXX is painful but rarely causes permanent harm. Post emergence the offspring of an SCP-XXX via a human host is to either be incinerated or to be used for research reasons.

Members of SCP-XXX are to occasionally be provided with non-sapient mammals.

Members of SCP-XXX are not allowed to leave the chamber except via a human host carrying offspring.

Personnel handling SCP-XXX must wash their hands with soap and water before bringing their hands into contact with any orphice.

Description:

SCP-XXX is a sentient species with a parasitic larval form. The species has a torso and face appearing to be that of a young woman, though they lack melanin causing their skin to appear similar to that of an albino and their ‘hair’ is actually extruded by spinneret’s with it’s length, strength, and tack consciously selected by SCP-XXX.

SCP-XXX’s main bodies appear to be a cross between a centipede an earthworm and a caterpillar. They have armored ‘chitin’ down their backs, and on their ‘belly’ but tender ‘skin’ on their human features. SCP-XXX shed their chitin frequently. They possess a large keratinous ‘blade’ emerging from the tip of their tail. This is used to chip samples out of limestone and mudstone, which are then consumed for vital minerals, especially calcium which is a necessity for their chitin. The blade is quite blunt, and it has been demonstrated that sufficient pressure cannot be applied with it to chip steel.

Members of SCP-XXX's human features are frequently coated by a slick mucosa. When ‘kissing’ a human or other mammal their ‘tongue’ will produce a thick saliva that has many minute eggs. These eggs enter human orifices and work their way to the stomach, bladder, womb, or large intestine. Once there environmental conditions (Warmth, etc) will prompt the millions of eggs to hatch. The resulting larvae emerge from the orphice they entered. The slick mucosa that coats SCP-XXX also has a lower but still significant count of eggs in it.

The average adult member of SCP-XXX is 2.5 meters long. Average adult lifespan within the Foundation is 1 to 2 years. This can likely be extended. Average adult lifespan in the wild is estimated to be four to six months. Members of SCP-XXX seem to be capable of passing down important memories, especially acquired languages, to their offspring. This process requires physical contact. Their rate of language acquisition is similar to that of a human, but passed down from parent to nymph to allow acquisition of complex languages and grammar.


Addendum: History of discovery

Members of SCP-XXX were first discovered in a series of caves in ██████. There had been reports of local men and women going missing. Agent ████ had been in town on a vacation and decided to investigate. Agent ████ found all of the missing persons within the caves. Some of them were dehydrated or malnourished but all were alive. Members of SCP-XXX were caring for them. Agent ████ took all of the missing persons and all members of SCP-XXX into custody. The members of SCP-XXX came willingly. At the time there were approx 20 members of SCP-XXX.

The missing persons underwent heavy drug-withdrawal symptoms when removed from the presence of members of SCP-XXX. This lead to some worry that SCP-XXX had some sort of mentally addictive property until testing revealed the nature of SCP-XXX’s saliva. The missing persons were also shown to have a large number of parasites. At first the phenomenon of eruption was not understood but after some communication with SCP-XXX it was learned that the parasites were their ‘children’
The missing persons were administered class A amnesiactics and dumped outside town and the members of SCP-XXX were taken in for study

Addendum 2: Acquisition of test subjects

Removing members of SCP-XXX from their community tends to enrage the members, causing them to increase sexual and physical aggressiveness until the removed individuals are returned. While members of SCP-XXX are not particularly potent when enraged it does make experiments involving them far more difficult

Unfortunately members of SCP-XXX display similar behavior when non-human reproductive hosts in which offspring are currently maturing are removed from the chamber. Therefore the easiest way to carry an SCP-XXX out of the chamber is though a human host. This duty is recommended as a punishment detail.


Addendum 3: Notes

For god's sake wash your hands. ~ Dr. Dumount

Any personnel caught daring others to kiss SCP-XXX will be put on a punishment detail. I would demote you to D-Rank for it, but I don't believe in such offhanded murder ~ Dr. Dumount

This study was orriginaly began by Dr.██████. Since his unfortunate demise, I have been ordered to take over. Any information that would require more then two generations of SCP-XXX to discover was inputted by him ~ Dr. Dumount


Extended experement Dr. Right and SCP-XXX-1

SCP-XXX-1 and all offspring are to be kept separate from other members of SCP-XXX and to be lead to believe that they are the only ones of their kind as part of an experiment into the psychological nature of members of SCP-XXX who lacks the complex long-term memories of most members of the group.

Should this result in increased docility and ease of handling then it is recommended that the group with memories of life before containment be reduced in size, and the group with no memory of life before containment increased. SCP-XXX-1 has been genetically doped. The apparent result is a distinct blue colored tint to her chitin. This feature is to be used to distinguish members of SCP-XXX-1 from escaped members of SCP-XXX.

SCP-XXX-1 and descendents should be allowed to make ‘friends’ and allowed to entertain visitors, as well as to leave ‘her’ chamber in the custody of other researchers. SCP-XXX-1 should be granted reasonable requests. SCP-XXX-1 is not to reproduce with animal hosts, to allow more precise control of reproductive schedule. SCP-XXX-1 is to be educated and indoctrinated into human social cultures.

This experiment is not my responsibility. Dr. Rights requested it, SCP-XXX-1 and resulting offspring are her responsibility. I am certain she has already named the little monster. I wash my hands of this mess. ~ Dr. Dumount






Document title: Medical properties of members of SCP-XXX

Organs and skin of members of SCP-XXX do not cause an immune response in humans. However because SCP-XXX’s ichors has a cupric carrier and is thicker then human blood caution is recommended in transplants.

SCP-XXX uses two four-chambered heart, which are very different in structure then a human heart. Nevertheless they can be successfully used in human transplants One of the hearts is the primary heart and it provides greater pumping force then a human heart is capable of, and has a four-cycle beat as opposed to the human 2-cycle beat. The secondary heart is located lower in the body then the primary heart, and serves to keep blood pressure up in the extremities. This heart can be safely removed, though it’s pumping ability is marginally less then a normal human heart.

It’s estimated that either of these hearts, implanted in a human, would have an approximate ten year max lifespan with actual lifespan far shorter. These hearts do not properly respond to human adrenal hormones or other heart regulating hormones, and so their beat would is far more regular in a human then a natural heart.

SCP-XXX uses one ‘lung’ that is a sac similar to the human lung. This lung is more efficient at oxygenating SCP-XXX ichors then human blood but would be sufficient for use as materials to repair a damaged human lung. Total lung replacement results in an inadequate lung resulting in asthma like symptoms and easy fatigue.

Their skin is supple and sensitive and takes well to dyes to make the coloration more human. Further it seems to be capable of living as long as the human host remains alive, and so it is recommended for use in burn victims, provided the skin is rendered incapable of egg/sperm production first via electrolysis. The skin is more sensitive then human skin, however, and some transplant recipients have reported an erotic sensation when transplanted patches are touched.

Their chitin is harder and slightly less plastic then their skin, but also takes well to human hosts. It is flexible enough for safe use in human joint areas, though there is some reduced speed of joint use due to increased elastic constant. More force is needed for the same motions. Their chitin is less sensitive then human skin, and requires stronger dyes then the skin to match human skin tones. Chitin is also recommended in human burn victims.

Due to the differences in human and SCP-XXX anatomy either regular injections of SCP-XXX ichor should be provided to transplant recipients or recipients should be provided with a small amount of SCP-XXX ‘marrow’. Caution should be taken to keep the Ichor concentrations in human blood to less then 5 parts per hundred but more then three parts per hundred for ideal operation of human and SCP-XXX organs.

Transplanting of human organs to SCP-XXX tend to be difficult due to SCP-XXX’s inability to digest some required human nutrients, and the inability of SCP-XXX’s ichors to carry said nutrients. However human tissue similarly fails to evoke an immune response in SCP-XXX.

Members of SCP-XXX are capable of re-growing chitin with less scaring then ‘skin’, however the ‘skin’ heals faster
SCP-XXX digestive tracts and other internal organs are incompatible with the closest equivalents in humans.
SCP-XXX Saliva and other Mucosa contain complex protein chains and enzymes.

The most potent of these is the ‘reproductive saliva’ used in kisses. This saliva is a potent painkiller and also provides a mild feeling of euphoria. It seems to affect Endorphin, Serotonin and Dopamine receptors in the brain making it addictive but effective in small doses. When properly screened for eggs it still retains its properties. Breakdown of enzymes can be reduced via refrigeration and freezing. Heating the saliva breaks down the protein chains and enzymes responsible for this effect, therefore recommended processing of saliva for use as drugs is passing chilled saliva through a sieve with holes no larger then .03 millimeters.

SCP-XXX Mucosa can be found covering their skin. It has no painkiller effect, and contains SCP-XXX gametes. The egg concentration in the Mucosa is much smaller then that in the saliva. On most mammals it causes the consumer to slip into a state of mild hallucination, marginally increased sexual readiness, and moderate passiveness/suggestibility, which is observed to be in humans as similar to a hypnotic trance state.

‘Hair’ The hair of SCP-XXX is strong, though not so strong as spider silk. It is also not as tacky as spider silk. However it can be produced in larger quantities. Due to it’s hypoallergenic properties and biodegradable nature it would make an efficient form of stitches.

The eyes of SCP-XXX have some cones, which are similar to those of humans, allowing the ability to interact with humans as far as the Colors of objects shown to them, and they are capable of simulating the human palate. However their eyes see further into the infra-red range then humans can, allowing them to see human body heat.

They lack actual scent organs. Their ‘nose’ is purely cosmetic in nature, but they are capable of ‘smelling’ with their tongue which has more in common with human nasal tissues then with a human tongue, and not much in common with either. Their ‘vaginal chamber’ is the hole out which they void solid and liquid wastes.

They are geared to be able to detect mammals, especially humans with their senses, and tend to report humans as their 'favorites'

The brain is not located in the head, but is rather located near their center of mass in a semi-rigid non-bony structure allowing the brain to continue growing as they do.

The odds of this creature arising naturally are [Data Redacted]. However they do seem to be terrestrial in origin, leading to the theory that [Data Redacted] ~Dr. Dumount

Given careful care and treatment members of SCP-XXX can live up to 5 years before their weight is greater then their hearts can support. However members of SCP-XXX begin experiencing structural collapse around 4 years of age and 4 meters of length as their chitin and cartilaginous bone structure can no longer support their weight. Study performed by Dr.██████






Doccument Title More details on reproductive cycles

The slick mucosa coating their body has been confirmed to be the material which contains their ‘sperm’. Small ‘ovaries’ are contained in their skin. Self-fertilization can occur but results in greatly reduced reproductively. When allowed to rub against other SCP-XXX and to lick each other fertility is increased greatly due to cross-fertilization. Eggs are also contained within this Mucosa. Should they enter a mammal’s Orifice then the reproductive cycle will begin.

The larva grow consuming each other, vaginal wall linings (menstrual tissues) and semi-digested foodstuffs When they reach a thickness of 4-5 cm in diameter and a length of 2.5-3 decimeters they will seek to exit. Frequently this is via the same hole they entered. They look like smaller versions of the adults, but are similarly proportioned though they tend to be far thicker compared to length then the more elderly of the adults.

Once they have emerged from the host they seek contact with adults of their kind. Memories are then passed down through an unknown process. After this stage they seek food, especially proteins with a marked preference for fish and insects. They grow very quickly and after one to two months are full adults. At this point growth slows but does not cease.

Members of SCP-XXX that mature within humans are notably healthier, stronger, and smarter then members who are matured in primates. Members matured in primates show marked improvements over members matured in other mammals. Therefore maturation of members of SCP-XXX in humans is to be discouraged.

SCP-XXX begins life in the form of eggs that are spherical and approx .05mm in diameter. These eggs hatch within the host into small translucent worms. As the worms grow they develop keratinous teeth on their head, and bands of muscle around their body. This stage of growth is reached at 2 mm.

When they reach 1cm in length their cartilaginous skeletal structure begins to develop. When they reach aprox. 8 CM in length they begin to develop humanoid features. Members of SCP-XXX who have been artificially matured outside hosts are non-sentient and never exceed 3 feet in length. There is a positive correlation between intelligence of host and intelligence of adult form.






Document Title Culture of SCP-XXX

SCP-XXX are tunneling organisms. They dig through dirt and stone to form several chambers, each of which has it's own unique use. there was a 'play chamber', a sleeping chamber, an eating chamber, a reproduction chamber and a restroom chamber in their old cave system. They seem to dislike their current restriction of only one chamber. But the foundation does not want to give them more then one, especialy not linked chambers. Therefore they will have to make due. They have been shown to share the human trait of 'not going where you eat' having dug a small cove in the limestone in the corner of the room to use as a restroom like facility. They cannot use conventional human restrooms.

They have been seen to be making primitive artwork, and telling stories in their 'natural' tongue. Their speech of English is stilted, and clearly artificial and learned later in verbal learning cycles. Their 'natural' tongue is phonetically similar to some of the click languages of Africa but translators tell us that they only sound similar.

They have been known to play with their food, as well as with their reproductive hosts. This play takes many forms. With fish it most commonly takes the form of diving into the water and catching the fish with bare hands, then releasing it and chasing it, then catching it again. While a fairly basic form of play, it demonstrates that they, like mammals, are capable of play.

When playing with their limestone food they stack it into structures of varying complexity. When playing with humans they [Information Redacted]

They have a semi-communal culture, quite likely due to the shared memories. Nevertheless there are elements of a pack structure in who gets first try at using new mammals entering the room as a host. These battles for dominance seem to be based upon age primarily, and one's standing in a game that seems to be related to iterated rock-paper-scissors.

Another contest for dominance seems to be the boasting/bragging contest. While much of the details of the stories told in these contests is lost due to the inability to translate the hand and body gestures used during them are frequently quite enlightening. This specific contest shows signs of creativity and art. Members of SCP-XXX will also occasionally perform word plays, or draw pictures upon the walls with available materials.

In general they tend to be very protective of each other, showing tenderness and care to those who are injured, and bringing them food if they are incapable of grabbing it on their own. They also do not like to see members of their own removed from the room, likely because they do not, as yet, trust us. And why should they?
Study performed by Dr. ██████
Note
The single chamber room might be responsible for their increased sexual aggression. If they had a separate room for administering larva they might harass personnel less.

This information is clearly false. Simple observation shows that members of SCP-XXX are marginally sentient savages, not creatures with a complex social system. Still my predecessor's writing should be left in as a warning for the result of letting one's beliefs control one. Dr Dumount

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License