Item #: SCP-XXXX
Object Class: Euclid
Special Containment Procedures: SCP-XXXX is to be housed in a 5m x 5m x 3m containment chamber fully furnished to function as a kitchen. A minimum of one (1) meal is to be prepared utilizing SCP-XXXX-1 in this kitchen daily by the assigned D-class for that month. No other personnel are to enter the containment chamber at any time, with the exceptions of maintenance or testing purposes. The door to this chamber will remain locked, with the head researcher and site director having the only keys. All Site-XX break rooms and its cafeteria must only have clearly labelled salt-shakers that bear no resemblance to SCP-XXXX.
Description: SCP-XXXX is a glass salt-shaker with a metal lid, approximately 3cm x 3cm x10cm. Both the glass and metal components of SCP-XXXX have so far proven to be mundane beyond the fact that the lid cannot be removed by any means, and in no way has SCP-XXXX shown an ability to be damaged. SCP-XXXX-1 is the substance inside of SCP-XXXX, confirmed by lab tests to be 98% sodium chloride, the remaining 2% consisting of iodine and calcium compounds commonly found in table salt. The amount of SCP-XXXX-1 apparently held inside SCP-XXXX has been observed to fluctuate between uses, but at no time has it been observed to be empty, no matter how much SCP-XXXX-1 is removed from it. If SCP-XXXX is not used to add SCP-XXXX-1 to a food dish once a day, it will instantaneously relocate to the nearest place that food is cooked or eaten.
SCP-XXXX's main anomalous properties manifest after a human consumes something that has had SCP-XXXX-1 added to it. Any person who has eaten an SCP-XXXX-1 contaminated item will then be considered an instance of SCP-XXXX-2. All instances of SCP-XXXX-2 are to be quarantined and retained for study. Upon ingestion of an SCP-XXXX-1 contaminated item, subjects will slowly transform into whatever they have eaten, including items that are not considered "food". This process begins in the stomach, and has so far proven to be extremely painful and irreversible in all cases. The length of transformations varies, with easily-digestible foods taking a minimum of 10 (ten) hours while some non-food items have been observed to take up to █1 days for full transformation. SCP-XXXX-1 contaminated items are able to be easily chewed and swallowed regardless of composition, including wood, plastics, metals and [DATA EXPUNGED]. Subjects remain alive and conscious during the process through unknown means, even after multiple vital organs have been altered to a completely incompatible material.
Instances of SCP-XXXX-2 created using organic material will become genetically identical copies of the organism eaten by the subject. If multiple sources of organic material are eaten simultaneously, the subject will turn into the organism the majority of the material originated from.
Addendum: [Optional additional paragraphs]█