Mr. Man's Sandbox

Item #: SCP-XXX

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-XXX-5 through -15 are to be stored in their original silo. Ten security guards are to be posted at all times throughout the facility. Personnel who wish to perform tests must get permission from Security Officer Jackson. Personnel who wish to perform tests must get permission from the Site Director. No one may enter the silos without explicit permission from the Site Director.

Description: SCP-XXX is an abandoned Soviet military base near ██.███ N, ██.███ E in Kazakhstan. The base is composed of four buildings: a barracks, control tower, aircraft hanger, and the underground silos. Information on the buildings can be found in Document XXX-F. According to documentation found at the site, the facilities were built on November ██, 19██. The equipment and buildings show degradation consistent with structures from that era, except for the silos themselves.

SCP-XXX-1 through -15 are warheads contained in the underground silos. The warheads are about 9 m tall, and about 1 m in diameter at the widest. They appear to be designed for the R-36M ICBM, three of which are stored in the silo. While these warheads would normally store a nuclear reaction chamber, these contain a mass of tubing and wires, all connected to a central core chamber. The warhead contains polonium-191 and aluminum, both suspended in water, mercury, [REDACTED], radium, and trace amounts of [REDACTED]. Based on documentation found in the site, it was discovered that the warheads operate by pumping the contents of the storage compartments, located separately around the warhead to avoid contamination, into the central core. When detonated, the mixture would [DATA EXPUNGED], and create a localized temporal anomaly.

Within the blast radius, estimated to be ████ km in diameter, time would slow relative to the rest of the earth. It is unknown at this time if there are other effects, intended or not, as the testing logs have been damaged. See Document XXX-B for recovered portions. These weapons were built, according to documents recovered on site, to facilitate a Soviet "first strike" ability.

Based on reports acquired from informants in the Kremlin, the Soviet Union shut the base down in 1989 as part of a general shrinking of the Soviet military. Investigation into the researchers who worked at the facility is ongoing.

Addendum XXX-1: As of ██-██-20██, personnel are no longer allowed to enter the silo without written permission from the Site 50 director. See Addendum XXX-2 for details.

Addendum XXX-2: Due to the age of the warheads, components have begun leaking out of their containers. While most of the components are inert when mixed, [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] are still active and dangerous. This mixing has caused temporal anomalies to manifest near the warheads. Incidents of time momentarily reversing, slowing down, speeding up, and stopping altogether have been reported. See Incident Log XXX-2.

Addendum XXX-3: The facility was discovered by a Foundation investigative team on ██-██-20██, who were researching a reported Chaos Insurgency presence in the area. When MTF-██ arrived, the Chaos Insurgency cell was already in the process of fleeing. While the majority of the facility was secured without incident, the Chaos Insurgents escaped with SCP-XXX-1 through -4. Their locations are unknown and under investigation.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License