pants shirt haha how gratuitously wacky

Item #: XXXX

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: In the event of a containment breach, SCP-XXXX-1 are a low-priority escape risk and can be subdued through means of patience.

SCP-XXXX is to be stored in a soundproofed Safe class item storage locker.

All instances of SCP-XXXX-1 are to be stored in standard humanoid SCP containment cells. Two (2) specimens of SCP-XXXX-1 may be allocated to each cell. SCP-XXXX-1 are to be suspended in harnesses from the ceiling, a minimum of two metres (2 m) from all other specimens and other obstacles in order to prevent injury.

Description: SCP-XXXX in its standard form is a white polyester T-shirt, size 2XL. The word 'PANTS' is printed on the front of the T-shirt in indelible black ink. SCP-XXXX exhibits size-shifting, shape-shifting, and possible extradimensional/teleportation/moving-between-dimensions? effects. When the word 'Pants' is spoken within 50 m of SCP-XXXX, SCP-XXXX will instantaneously transform into its secondary form, a pair of black polyester pants, size 2XL, with the word 'SHIRT' printed on the right leg in indelible white ink. SCP-XXXX will remain in this form until the word 'Shirt' is spoken, or a human or humanoid makes physical contact with any part of it, at which point it will revert to its standard form.

When a human or humanoid subject attempts to wear SCP-XXXX in the manner of a typical T-shirt, they will invariably find SCP-XXXX to be a perfect fit. If the word 'Pants' is spoken with 50 m of a subject wearing SCP-XXXX, SCP-XXXX will instantaneously transform into its secondary form, and the upper half of the subject, measured from the bottom hem of SCP-XXXX, will be excised from existence. At this point, the subject will become a specimen of SCP-XXXX-1.

SCP-XXXX-1, colloquially 'Footmen' or 'Leg Monsters', resemble two human lower bodies, joined at the waist. SCP-XXXX-1 are symmetrical across the horizontal axis. SCP-XXXX-1 are capable of movement, with the movements of the top half perfectly mirroring the movements of the bottom. SCP-XXXX-1 are presumed physically capable of locomotion and complex movement equivalent to that of a typical human lower half, but so far have only been observed to flail and kick spasmodically.

Specimens of SCP-XXXX-1 are somehow able to remain alive and in good health despite an inability to take in nutrients or oxygen. Testing has revealed that blood flowing through SCP-XXXX-1 remains constantly deoxygenated, and appears to disappear upon reaching the join between the two halves. SCP-XXXX-1 appear to be immune to the effects of ageing. Physical damage to one half of SCP-XXXX-1 is mirrored on the other half, and has the expected effect on the health of SCP-XXXX-1.

Specimens of SCP-XXXX-1 typically enter a state indicative of great fear, pain, and distress immediately upon creation, as determined by analysis of vital signs and movement. This state may continue indefinitely, though some specimens of SCP-XXXX-1 may eventually enter a catatonic state.

If another human attempts to remove SCP-XXXX from a specimen of SCP-XXXX-1, SCP-XXXX will revert to its standard form immediately upon completely breaking contact with SCP-XXXX-1. No change will occur to SCP-XXXX-1; as yet, there is no way to reverse the initial transformation. However, if the word 'Shirt' is spoken within range of a specimen of SCP-XXXX-1 wearing SCP-XXXX in its secondary form, SCP-XXXX will immediately revert to its standard form, and SCP-XXXX-1 will disappear entirely.

Addendum XXXXa: On ██/██/20██, testing revealed that the effects of SCP-XXXX extended to non-human humanoid subjects, including mannequins. An experiment was undertaken to ascertain the location to which the top half of subjects was sent. Researchers outfitted a mannequin with a camera and microphone embedded in its head, with wires running down to a transmitter in the lower half. The mannequin was dressed in SCP-XXXX, and the word 'Pants' was spoken. The mannequin became a specimen of SCP-XXXX-1 as expected. Two transmissions were received, depicting the same series of events, from slightly different angles.

TRANSMISSION RECEIVED ON ██/██/20██

00:00 Image unclear. Audio unclear. The signal is heavily distorted by an as-yet unidentified form of radiation. The camera appears to be drifting in a green void.

00:02 Void is illuminated by what appears to be a lightning strike. Indistinct shapes are visible. Audio unclear.

00:07 Void is illuminated by what appears to be a lightning strike. One of the indistinct shapes appears to have drifted closer to the camera. Audio unclear.

00:24 Void is illuminated by what appears to be a lightning strike. The shape has drifted to within two metres (2 m) of the camera. The top half of the shape is identified as the upper body of D-7582, used in testing to create a specimen of SCP-XXXX-1 two weeks prior. The lower half of the shape is also identified as the upper body of D-7582. The two halves are joined at the waist, in the manner of a specimen of SCP-XXXX-1. Both halves are flailing, and exhibit signs of great fear, pain, and distress. Audio unclear.

00:25 Void is illuminated by what appears to be a lightning strike. D-7582 collides with camera. Image unclear. Microphone records sound identified as human screams.

Based on the results of this experiment, researchers have requested the neutralisation of all specimens of SCP-XXXX-1 through the use of lethal injection. The request is currently under consideration by the O5 Council.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License