Rob Shatter
rating: 0+x
Freedom-Lawn-Flickr-by-Susan-Harris.jpg
Instance of SCP-XXXX prior to starvation

Item #: SCP-XXXX

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Two (2) armed guards are to be stationed around SCP-XXXX. Any civilians approaching SCP-XXXX are to be turned away, with force if necessary. Should SCP-XXXX begin to integrate any person, said person is to be killed prior to integration into SCP-XXXX. SCP-XXXX is to be "fed" one chicken corpse each day.

Should any new instances of SCP-XXXX be discovered, the new instance is to be contained as quickly as possible. Food sources are to be cut off as to starve new instances of SCP-XXXX

Any seeds of SCP-XXXX are to be immediately recovered for testing.

**Description: **SCP-XXXX is a plant-like creature consisting of a complex system of roots and tendrils which mimics common varieties of lawn-grass on the surface. As SCP-XXXX lacks any digestive system or means of producing it's own sustenance, it will instead feed off energy produced by a victim's digestive system by pulling victims beneath the surface and integrating them into itself. To the Foundation's knowledge, only one instance of SCP-XXXX currently exists, and is currently being guarded on the outskirts of ██████, ████████, USA.

Seeds of SCP-XXXX seem to be drawn towards areas covered in grass, near human residence (I. E. lawns/turfs). When a seed of SCP-XXXX embeds itself within the soil of a suitable location, the seed will split and quickly begin growing. Thin tendrils will grow out from the seed in all directions, positioning themselves around the area slightly below the surface. When any animal (especially humans) enters the vicinity of SCP-XXXX, several tendrils will extrude from the ground, wrapping around and quickly ensnaring the nearest part of the victim's body. The subject will slowly be pulled into the ground, while a sedative is distributed into the victim's blood stream.

When the victim is completely encased in soil, SCP-XXXX will begin to create a life-support system for the victim. Organic "tubes" grown as part of SCP-XXXX are forced down the victim's throat, bringing oxygen from the surface. Water is recovered through a similar method. Sedative is constantly being produced and injected into the subjects blood stream as to keep them constantly unconscious. At this stage SCP-XXXX will puncture the victim at various points in the digestive system using barbed, tube-like protrusions, with sufficient knowledge of human anatomy as to cause minimal damage. A large amount of the energy produced from the victim's digestive system will be diverted to SCP-XXXX as "food", leaving only enough for the victim to survive. When any organic material the victim is capable of safely consuming is placed above SCP-XXXX, tendrils will pull the substance into the ground, in a manner similar to obtaining victims. SCP-XXXX will then apply a corrosive substance to the object, reducing it to a liquid. Organic "tubes" will then transport the substance into the victim's digestive system, effectively feeding the subject.

SCP-XXXX has been known to commonly feed its victims with:

  • Tree nuts
  • Various kinds of fruit
  • Sciurus Carolinensis
  • Felis catus
  • Canis lupus familiaris
  • [DATA EXPUNGED]

Should no other food be available, SCP-XXXX will use the surrounding grasses to feed the victim. In rare occurrences, SCP-XXXX has been observed to remove the victim's own non-vital body parts and feed them to the victim as a last resort.

Addendum XXXX-A: Several attempts have been made to recover samples or victims from SCP-XXXX, all of which have been met with failure and extreme hostility. No attempts are to be made to recover samples or otherwise damage SCP-XXXX without written permission from Level 4 Personnel.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License