SCP-Swanloan
rating: 0+x
2yx2bo4.jpg
SCP-XXXX-1 sitting at SCP-XXXX-2

Item #: SCP-XXXX

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-XXXX-1 is to be provided a room of ten (10) square meters at site 19, with no need for furniture or any kind of special construction materials to be placed in it. Due to SCP-XXXX-1’s nature, strictly physical containment is impossible. However three (3) measures are to be enforced to prevent SCP-XXXX from leaving SCP XXXX-2, in which it voluntarily contains itself:

1. No Foundation personnel are to carry physical currency of any kind on themselves in a ten (10) meter radius around SCP-XXXX-2. Any purchases in vending machines or the site cantina are to be done with credit or debit cards. Failure to do so will be subject to administrative sanction according to Protocol 45-7b/████

2. While in a radius of ten (10) meters of SCP-XXXX-2, Foundation personnel are never to address more than one person at a time in conversation, unless they state at the beggining of the conversation who they are addressing in it.

3. Foundation personnel are to submit requisitions for any kind of equipment, from advanced tools to paperclips directly to the site 19 storehouse if they have been in a twenty (20) meter radius of SCP-XXXX within the last twenty four (24) hours, and never ask for any material goods or currency to non-storehouse personnel while in the aforementioned twenty four (24) hour period.

Description:
SCP-XXXX is a one hundred and eighty (180) centimeter tall and weighs thirty (30) kilograms. It is a humanoid creature that appears to have what resembles physical characteristics of the Cygnus olor subspecies of Swan, such as an orange beak and white feathers covering its entire body. Its feet also appear to be similar to those of an aquatic avian. In the place of hands, it has feather formations resembling the appendages, though the lack of actual fingers does not appear to impair its ability to grab, write and otherwise employ these appendages as if they were actual hands. X-Ray scanning reveals to have a skeleton that looks avian yet is twisted and molded in some parts, resulting in an external humanoid appearance. Its bones are hollow, explaining its low weight. SCP-XXXX is capable of human speech, appearing to only understand the English language, and it speaks with a undetermined form of British accent, always doing so in a soft and polite manner. It is also capable of dressing itself, and it is always seen wearing a business suit.

Apart from its extraordinary anatomy, SCP-XXXX has several anomalous, reality altering abilities:

After being placed in an empty provisional holding cell before further study indicated the ideal way to contain it, SCP-XXXX made an office room, similar to the one he was found in, appear out of thin air inside of the cell, None of the items appear to have any extraordinary attribute about them. SCP-XXXX has a telephone in its room, however, while it objects to it being removed, it doesn’t mind having it unplugged as long as it remains in its cell. Video surveillance reveals SCP-XXXX does not actually use it. Its cell, like the office before it, have been determined to act as SCP-XXX-1’s “home”, The area SCP-XXX-1 turns into its “home” has been designated as SCP-XXXX-2

SCP-XXXX-1’s most dangerous effect are its “loans”, which are a phenomenon that can start in several ways:
1. Someone asks for a small amount or cash to buy something (i.e., a euro to get a cup of coffee from a vending machine) within ten (10) meters of SCP-XXXX-2. SSCP-XXXX-1 will appear out of thin air near the person who asked for the money, but out of their line of sight, and offer them the money verbally. Most people will say yes before turning to see SCP-XXXX-1,and when they have done so, they fall under SCP-XXXX-1’ control, who will guide them to SCP-XXXX-2 and make them sign a document where “Swan Loans, Inc.” lends the money, at an enormously high interest, such as 1000% or 1000000%.
2. Similar to the above, only the person asks for a small everyday item, such as a pen or a paperclip. In that case, the loan document will state a “market value” for the item, usually several hundred times the actual value of the item.
3. Someone asks for a higher amount of money (Appearing to start a quantity of 10 euros or more) or a more valuable item. In this case, the person will receive a message, such an sms , a note or a letter, telling them to go to SCP-XXXX-2 to get it. No matter the kind of obstacles put on the way to it or whether the door is blocked in some way, SCP-XXXX-1’s abilities make the would be victim arrive safely at SCP-XXX-2, where a loan with similar exorbitant interests is signed. It must be noted that in this case, the subject is not subject to any compulsion until they enter SCP-XXX-2
4. A subject willingly walks into SCP-XXXX-2 and asks for a loan. The subject will be placed under compulsion once they sign it.

In all cases, subjects under SCP-XXXX-1’ compulsion do not appear to find anything strange in SCP-XXXX-1’s appearance or in its loan conditions. However, people not subject to the compulsion will be understandably unnerved by SCP-XXXX-1 appearance and its activities, however, any attempt to warn a controlled subject will be ignored, the only way to stop a person under SCP-XXX-1’s influence is by direct physical restraining or incapacitation.

Once a subject has taken a loan from SCP-XXX-1, their debt will increase exponentially with no way to stop it. Their property will be damaged in ways any insurance they might have will not cover, and any services they hire to repair these damages will always be a subsidiary of “Swan Loans, Inc.”, the subject will only know about this once the bills arrive. Once the subject is so submerged in debt, he or she will eventually have an emotional breakdown over it. Then he or she will go confront SCP-XXXX-1 at SCP-XXXX-2. Then, SCP-XXX-1 will tell the subject there is only one way out of debt, and provide the subject with a gun from one of its desk’s compartments. The subject will then proceed to commit suicide by shooting themselves in the head. SCP-XXXX-1 will then place the gun back into the compartment. Inspection of the compartment after a victim commits suicide fails to find the gun.

SCP-XXXX-1 was found on 06/24/████, after several cases of suicide in the town of [DATA EXPUNGED]. When the local police investigated these suicides they found that all the victims had in common one thing, owing significant amounts of money to “Swan Loans, Inc.” Going to the address indicated in a “Swan Loans Inc.” business card found in one of the suicide victim’s wallet, they found an office room with SCP-XXXX-1 in it. The policemen tried calling the FBI, but after they started describing a supernatural monster, the call was intercepted by the Foundation, which, posing as higher ranking FBI agents arrived to SCP-XXXX’s location. SCP-XXXX didn’t resist arrest, nor did it object to being contained.

Addendum: When a subject willingly enters SCP-XXXX-2 willingly, SCP-XXXX-1 will say: “Welcome to Swan Loans's Site 19 Branch, a subsidiary of Swangroup! How can I help you today?” and proceed to offer a variety of other financial services such as insurances or mortgages. Asking for such services is forbidden until further notice by Doctor ███████

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License