SCP-1155
turkeysandhwhiches.jpg

Item #: SCP-1155
Object Class: Euclid
Special Containment Procedures: SCP-1155 is contained in a 1mx3m refrigeration unit. An ordinary home refrigerator can be used for this purpose. The refrigerator is placed in a 5x5m windowless room with fluorescent light fixtures and a single 1.5x3.5m sliding door entrance. A CCTV camera is to be placed in the room and any reports of activity within the room should be immediately reported and dealt with by class-D personnel.
In the event of SCP-1155's escape from the refrigerator, a class-D operative should be dispatched to the room with a fresh food item; great preference is given to prepared consumable dishes and using these greatly hastens SCP-1155's transition process. Once the transition cycle is complete the operative should place the food item in the fridge and leave the chamber, firmly securing the door upon exit.

There should be no access or modification to the chamber without level-3 or higher approval.
Personnel are not to interact with SCP-1155 or its food item except during a transition process. During transition the personnel assigned to SCP-1155 should be monitored via CCTV, and instructed to complete the task quickly and efficiently, to avoid any chance of ingestion. Should personnel ingest all or part of the food item during transition or otherwise, the subject is to be quarantined until SCP-1155 enters its second stage.
Description: SCP-1155 itself is currently invisible to the naked eye. Its host food item as of this writing at date (█████ ) is a sandwich, consisting of:

-Two (2) slices sourdough bread;
-Approximately five (5) grams sliced turkey;
-Four (4) pieces of spinach;
-Two (2) slices swiss cheese;
-Mustard (Dijonnaise, seeded);
-Mayonnaise;
-Two (2) slices cooked rasher bacon;
-Approximately one and a half (1.5) grams of olive tapenade.

For the purposes of this writing, SCP-1155's host food item shall be designated SCP-1155-a.
SCP-1155 is a parasitic organism with three known stages of its life cycle. The first, and current, is that of a microscopic larva, resembling that of a housefly or cockroach when viewed under a microscope. In this state it has been observed as dormant, seemingly content to remain in its host food item until ingested by a living being. Once the item has been ingested or the food item has spoiled to the point of being inedible, SCP-1155 begins the second stage of its life cycle.

SCP-1155, once ingested, grows into an insect strongly resembling a cockroach with some key visual differences, namely an intricate light-brown pattern along its carapace that seems to change with each incarnation. Human hosts have reported an intense feeling of hunger with onset of about one to two hours after ingesting. The hunger is reported as insatiable. Host will continue to consume, far beyond capacity as long as they are able and have access to food, until the stomach becomes bloated and distended. Eventually the host's stomach will burst, causing death. At this point SCP-1155 will emerge fully grown from its host and seek out the nearest food item, the process referred to as its transition period, where it will lay a single egg and then promptly perish, beginning the life cycle anew. SCP-1155 is currently in its tenth incarnation under the watch of SCP personnel.

Should the host attempt to fast or otherwise not ingest enough edible material for SCP-1155, they will lapse into a severe state of malnourishment, becoming emaciated and eventually dying from these symptoms within 12 hours of last meal. SCP-1155 will then emerge from the mouth cavity in its second stage form and resume its attempt to transition. Autopsies have shown that SCP-1155 consumes the internal organs of its host if not fed to its satisfaction.

Attempts to destroy SCP-1155 manually in its insect form have yielded an anomaly in its transition process. The personnel who were responsible for terminating SCP-1155 succumbed to symptoms resembling that of a staph infection, but with no visible area of infection. Amputation of the feed, hands etc. used to terminate the subject has proven ineffective in ceasing this process. Upon the death of the personnel from this infected state, SCP-1155 would emerge from their mouth cavity and resume its attempt at transition.

When its host food item spoils, SCP-1155 grows into a third, otherwise unobserved stage, described by personnel as a “cross between a housefly and a lobster”. In this state it will consume its host food item, then begin growing to suit its needs of escape. It has shown to be incapable of shrinking. It is unknown if there is an upper limit to this stage of growth; the largest SCP-1155 has been recorded at is a length of approximately 12 metres. As such, its current containment procedures involve a constant cycle of its food item eventually spoiling, SCP-1155 growing large enough to escape from its refrigerator under its own power, and a member of personnel being dispatched to provide it with a fresh food item to lay its egg and then perish. SCP-1155's carcasses are to be disposed of in a sanitary manner at site [REDACTED].

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License