Tag Guides Edit

Intro to Tags

What is a tag, and what are they used for?

To quote Wikipedia,

A tag is a non-hierarchical keyword or term assigned to a piece of information (such as an Internet bookmark, digital image, or computer file). This kind of metadata helps describe an item and allows it to be found again by browsing or searching.

So, if you want to get a list of all of our memetic SCPs, just look at this list of every page that's been tagged with "memetic". Or look here for a list of everything related to Are We Cool Yet?.

Where are these tags?

Go to the bottom of any page on the wiki. To the right of the sidebar and to the left of the options in the lower right, you'll see "Page Tags:" and then a couple of words. Those are tags. You can click on them to get to a list of things tagged with that tag.

How do I tag a page?

  1. Click "Tags" at the bottom of the page.
  2. Type all of the tags that apply to the page into the box that comes up.
  3. Click "Save Tags"

Do I have to tag the pages I make?

Yes! If you don't have confidence in your ability to tag the page properly, get someone who's experienced to do it for you. Raven Mackenzie's pretty good at it (she wrote most of this guide).

How do I know what tags to add to my page?

Look through this guide. If any of the tags apply to the page you're tagging, add them in. Don't make up new tags.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License