Tetraca
rating: 0+x

Item #: SCP-1727

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures:
SCP-1727 is to be placed in a secured storage area in section-38. No personnel are permitted to enter SCP-1727 without level-4 clearance and an appropriate audio communications device.

Before any explorations of SCP-1727, psychological counseling and briefing is required (Refer to FO1727 in the psychological diagnostics handbook). All explored regions are contained within the 1727 Index in the SCP-1727 file.

Note that use of class-D personnel for any further explorations is strictly prohibited.

Description:
SCP-1727 is a metallic door and associated frame, approximately 2.3 meters tall and 1 meter wide. The door will only permit human beings to enter. Humans who previously entered SCP-1727, lifeforms that are not human, and robotic devices which attempt to enter SCP-1727 are repelled by a strong wall-like force.

Once entered, the subject will find themselves within a pocket dimension consisting of a straight hallway of seemingly infinite length. On each side of the hallway, spaced approximately one half meter from each other, are doors flanked by a pair of gas lights, in an ornate 1900s style. Where the subject materializes within this plane is random, and once the door has been shut it will disappear leaving them trapped within the pocket dimension. Most doors in the hallway have been found open, but approximately 12% of explored doors have been found arbitrarily locked. Attempting to force a locked door open through excessive force or a lock pick will reveal a solid brick wall behind it.

Each door is emblazoned with a plaque holding a unique base-26 number and the following message:
TERMS OF VISITATION

  1. TO RETURN TO THIS HALLWAY IMAGINE YOURSELF OPENING THIS DOOR AGAIN
  2. AFTER EXPLORING SEVEN DOORS ONLY THOSE YOU HAVE ENTERED SHALL REMAIN OPEN FOR YOU
  3. IF YOUR STAY LASTS UNTIL THE NEXT SUNRISE THERE IS NO RETURNING

Persons in SCP-1727 do not experience physical needs such as food or drink, are immune to physical harm, and experience no signs of aging. The only apparent means of leaving SCP-1727 once the initial door as been shut is to enter any of the countless unlocked doors.

Upon entering a door, a subject will find their consciousness transferred to another person's body and gain full control over their actions. The body taken may be of nearly any age, gender, or location on Earth, but will never be one close to death. Audio communication with the subject will continue to work within a 24 hour period as if they were still in the room which they entered. Any responses by the subject appear to become an unfiltered train of thought, and the subject often express a feeling of discomfort from communication by Foundation staff, interpreted by them as an unwelcome voice within their head.

If a subject returns to the hall within a 24 hour period, the person whose body the subject has taken over will regain control over their body with no awareness of what occured. However, if the subject fails to return within that period, the subject will be stuck permenently in the body they have found themselves in, and the aforementioned electronic communication will cease to function. Subjects appear to retain no memory or personality traits of whose body they have taken over and can no longer enter SCP-1727 in any way. If explored by another subject, the door entered by the previous subject within SCP-1727 is found locked. The door associated with the subject whose mind was transferred is also found locked.

Some doorway numbers have been identified as various foundation staff or D-Class personnel, and are noted (and to be noted) in the 1727 Body Index within the full SCP-1727 research file. These are useful for those studying effects related to SCP-1727. All doorway numbers to various famous or important individuals are to be noted as "locked" in the proper 1727 Body Index and reported to level 5 personnel to be contained within a separate file.

SCP-1727 was found as an apparent alleyway entrance to the █████ City Bank. The doorway not found in its original 1910 plan nor did it correspond to an entrance to a room in the bank with any semblance of sense, though it shares the same interior design motifs. The doorway was removed to Site-38 in 1985, where its original location was padded with brick.

Addendum 4:
If you have found yourself within SCP-1727 and have had the door shut on you by accident, enter a door and call extension +1727 (if even possible), inform someone of your original identity, condition, and the number of the door you have entered and return to the hallway. It may be possible to rescue you.

Addendum 5:
Trying to return through an SCP-1727 entrance that spawned as a separate instance of the one you entered is apparently not possible. The rescue door will be wholly intangible to the person trapped, and door's new location may be somewhere completely infeasible for you to reach. Follow the same procedure. You will be given a communications device and be asked to document the seven doors you explore before selecting the permanant transplant body. While you are wholly capable of choosing a new body without informing the Foundation, doing so will allow you to properly continue your previous life if you so wish.

Sample Test

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License