The Organ
rating: 0+x
scp_image_by_jzaber-d52g8qc.jpg
Up close shot of SCP-XXXX

Item #: SCP-XXXX

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-XXXX is currently unable to be moved from it’s original location, and resists all attempts to do so. As such, a containment site has been built around the area in which it was found.

SCP-XXXX is contained within a (8) meter by (8) meter by (20) meter reinforced concrete structure. The interior walls of the structure are covered in 30 centimeter thick acoustic insulating foam. Four large acoustics disrupting interference generators have been strategically placed around the perimeter of the containment unit to prevent any additional acoustic leakage from occurring, and must be kept operational 24/7. Regular maintenance is the be carried out on all equipment, and in the event of distinguishable acoustic seepage, additional audio dampening equipment is to be brought in. Structural integrity of the containment unit is to be monitored at all times during regular maintenance. SCP-XXXX itself requires regular cleaning for particulates.

All testing, examinations, and maintenance activities of SCP-XXXX require clearance by at least (2) Level 3 Security personnel, with groups of no fewer than (4) Class-D personnel entering the containment chamber. All Class-D personnel entering the structure must be wearing the required noise containing uniforms, and are to check gear before and after entering and exiting. Once inside, all Class-D personnel are to follow the instructions given over telecomm by staff, and are to observe the prescribed safety commands given by staff. Failure to do so may result in termination. All groups are to be rotated weekly, with no same personnel entering the containment structure for a period of at least (2) weeks. Personnel should also be screened for a psychological profile leaning towards obsessive or religious tendencies.

Description: ██ SCP-XXXX was discovered at █████████, within the cathedral, following an investigation by authorities into the disappearance of the entire town of █████████. When pressed for the reason for their failure to report knowledge of SCP-XXXX, the Church would not respond.

SCP-XXXX is a large elaborate pipe organ, containing at this report’s writing (10) manuals,(529) ranks, (348) registers, (33,420) pipes, and weighs approximately (12) tons. Currently, SCP-XXXX measures (8) meters wide, (2.5) meters deep, and (18) meters high from the tallest pipe. It is undetermined at this time just how old the structure is, but aesthetically the design is reminiscent of the Baroque era.

The pipes of SCP-XXXX have been observed to intermittently produce hollow hums or hymns within the presence of personnel. These sounds will persist for the duration of personnel’s presence, and immediately cease upon all personnel exiting the containment structure. Periodically, SCP-XXXX will become active and commence playing in concert a composition with accompanying orchestra. Based off recordings of these incidents, in addition to the primary organ, it seems SCP-XXXX is capable of producing sounds perfectly matching those of various musical instruments and human voices at various timbres and pitches.

Personnel exposed to the noise produced by SCP-XXXX are reported to exhibit a more calm, peaceful disposition, and have found themselves attracted towards the organ. At this point, personnel have been observed singing, praying, or kowtowing before SCP-XXXX. SCP-XXXX then commences to [DATA EXPUNGED]. Recording instruments fail to capture anything beyond this point. Observations after each incident have recorded the addition of new pipes, each producing a sound similar to that of [DATA EXPUNGED].

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License