Wrilliams

Here's my workbox area.

Current Works: SCP-XXXX (1)

Try for my first SCP:

rating: 0+x

Item #: SCP-XXXX

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures:
SCP-XXXX is to remain stored in Secure Storage Locker #14 at Site #1█ in the 4th floor Janitorial Closet when not in use for cleaning or testing purposes. Use of SCP-XXXX requires approval from any Level 2/XXXX researcher, unless being used for scheduled cleaning purposes by approved janitorial staff. Any unscheduled use for cleaning must be approved by the head of maintenance.

When using SCP-XXXX for cleaning purposes, any room or corridor must be vacated of fragile or mobile objects, and be cordoned off following standard spill containment procedures. Warning labels are to be posted in plain sight on all cordons explaining the danger inherent to SCP-XXXX-1. Extreme caution is to be observed, as injury to personnel may occur if instructions are not followed. When using SCP-XXXX to clean hallways of central or high-traffic functions, prior notification is to be given to the Site Director so an announcement may be made at least 3 hours beforehand over the site radio.

Requests to move SCP-XXXX off-Site for sanitary purposes must be approved by the Site Director and at least 1 Level-4 researcher. SCP-XXXX is to be secured in a steel locking brace that will preserve a closed horizontal position to prevent SCP-XXXX from activating while in transport.

SCP-XXXX is never to be activated while outdoors, and all care must be taken to prevent this. See Incident Report XXXX-01 for details.
Description:
SCP-XXXX is a yellow wet-floor sign produced by ████████ in 199█. The object is identical in every way to a non-anomalous wet-floor sign except when in its active state. When SCP-XXXX is placed upright and opened in a room or hallway, a translucent blue liquid (hereafter known as SCP-XXXX-1) will coat the floor of the room or hallway in a 3cm thick layer. The coating ends at the boundary of the room or hallway with a sudden transition, as if sealed in with glass. SCP-XXXX-1 does not react to external stimulus, remaining still despite attempts to disturb it, and will react to any object thrown on it as if a solid surface. SCP-XXXX-1 has no discernable properties of friction, and seems to have a propensity to causing serious and debilitating accidents if a human steps upon it. Efforts to remove SCP-XXXX-1 from the covered surface have proved fruitless, and any removable surface mysteriously clears of the liquid when removed from its area of effect.

SCP-XXXX was brought to Foundation attention on July █th, 20██, following an intercepted report to the OSHA about an unsafe cleaner being used at ████ High School in ████, Maine. The report was intercepted due to the anomalous nature of the cleaner being reported; stating that no amount of mopping would remove the cleaner and no attempts to cross it would end without injury. Over ██ injuries occurred before SCP-XXXX was secured by the Foundation personnel in OSHA uniforms, and Class-B amnesiacs were applied to all involved witnesses. Agents ████████ and ████ were injured before the object’s active state ended and recovery could proceed.

SCP-XXXX-1 will remain in place for a time period of 2 hours, after which all traces of it will instantly vanish, leaving behind a completely cleaned surface below. Upon cessation of the active state, SCP-XXXX will fall over and shut, rendering it safe for transport once more. SCP-XXXX does not seem to discriminate between hard-surface flooring and other floor coverings, entering its active state regardless, and leaving behind the cleaned surface. So far, SCP-XXXX has been able to remove any and all foreign substances from a surface, regardless of origin or difficulty for removal. Testing is ongoing, with approved use for cleaning purposes as long as all safety protocols are observed.

Addendum:

//On one occasion SCP-XXXX was observed to end the active state approximately 1 hour early, after being placed upon a surface previously cleaned by commercial-grade floor soap. The surface was reported to be “a thousand times cleaner” than before SCP-XXXX’s usage. //

Addendum:

//Incident XXXX-01 has caused the containment protocols to be updated accordingly. Do try not to cause this again. //

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License