Xiros

Item #: SCP-XXXX

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Due to SCP-XXXX’s distance from Earth, no containment procedures are required at present. Personnel landing on SCP-XXXX’s surface are to be equipped with Theta-4 suits and equipment, as well as oxygen reserves. SCP-XXXX is to be on constant surveillance from NASA probe ███████. After the events of Expedition XXXXA, no further landings are to be made on SCP-XXXX.

Description: SCP-XXXX is a solar planet approximately ████████████ km away from Earth, revolving around the star ZAT ████████████. SCP-XXXX’s atmosphere is extremely damaged due to radiation (see Researcher’s Note XXXXB) and is unhabitable at present. Due to its damaged atmosphere, its current surface temperature is at an average of 39 degrees Fahrenheit.

SCP-XXXX’s geological structure and landforms are identical to Earth, as well as size and structure of the planet. Due to fallout from radiation, currently no life exists on SCP-XXXX. SCP-XXXX’s continents have structures built on them, consistent with human design. In some cases, nearly all of SCP-XXXX’s cities
are identical to our own. However, in most cases these cities maintain structural damage on nearly all buildings, most likely due to [DATA EXPUNGED].

SCP-XXXX came to Foundation attention when the Voyager NASA probe took images of a newly discovered red orb (later dubbed SCP-XXXX-1) on 8/20/82, only ███████ km Earth, and arrived to NASA computers on 12/31/86. NASA then later sent a probe, covered by the launch of the Gamma-Ray observatory sattelite, to the red orb. The probe, once entering the red orb, lost connection to the NASA feed. Approximately one week after loosing communication, connection with the probe was re-established. The camera then showed the probe heading directly for SCP-XXXX. Later NASA scientists, judging by the identical size and continents to Earth and its location, came to Foundation personnel for assistance in deducting studies. Due to its properties, it came into Foundation responsibility.

Due to its close distance to Earth, the Foundation organized a group of 300 personnel to enter the red orb and land on SCP-XXXX. Launched on 6/7/97, Foundation personnel reached SCP-XXXX-1 in three weeks following its launch, the Foundation personnel entered the red orb. Three days later, Expedition XXXXB was re-connected with Foundation terminal streams. Upon re-connection, Expedition XXXXB's sensors indicated another structure in SCP-XXXX's orbit (for further reading, see Expedition XXXXB). After two days of Expedition XXXXB arriving in SCP-XXXX's orbit, the ship launched a pod containing five Expedition XXXXB personnel to the planet's surface, later labeled Expedition XXXXA (See Expedition XXXXB).

Following the landings of Expedition XXXXA, the discovery of ██ detonated nuclear warheads is blamed for the amount of heavy radiation levels and atmospheric disturbance. Attempts of mechanical removal of these warheads through bots have proven ineffective due to SCP-XXXX-2.

SCP-XXXX-2 are anomalies that reside on each continent of SCP-XXXX. SCP-XXXX-2 are silhouettes in the size and shape of adult human beings, with no physical form to emit from. SCP-XXXX-2 have an uncanny ability in which they can physically interact with the world, including Foundation personnel. SCP-XXXX-2 appear to be sapient extremely hostile. SCP-XXXX-2 have the ability to create new shadows using personnel's own silhouette, and in this case, are always hostile. Once a personnel's shadow becomes an instance of SCP-XXXX-2, a small burst of radiation will spike in air levels. The new SCP-XXXX-2 will begin to [REDACTED], killing the being it is emitting from.

For further reading, refer to documents-Expedition XXXXB and Transcript of attack during Expedition XXXXA.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License