You Wake Up in a Padded Cell

Production Title: "You Wake Up in a Padded Cell" (working title)
Producer[s]: Hornby
Production Start Date: 20 February 2012
Final Release Deadline: TBA


Production Overview

Production Title: "You Wake Up in a Padded Cell" (working title)
Producer[s]: Hornby
Lead Scriptwriter: Possibly Hornby, open for discussion
Additional Writers: Hornby, Ninjat, Sage Alegari, Chuggy Pig, Reject
Director: Hornby
Mixing Engineer: Hornby
Production Start Date: 20 February 2012
Final Release Deadline: TBA


Plot Summary: An ontological mystery; initially a single, linear story blended between text and audio. May eventually become a CYOA piece of interactive fiction.


You wake up in a padded cell. You go to the door and call out, but nobody answers. You try the handle, but it is locked. Looking around, you notice a small box lying on the floor in the corner. Inside, there is a tape recorder and a photograph.

The photograph is of a bearded man you don’t recognize; he is wearing a uniform of some sort, but you don’t recognize it either. In untidy handwriting, the words “find him” are scrawled across the photo.

There is a note stuck to the tape recorder: “Listen to me” it reads. You press play and hear your own voice.

AUDIO STARTS

VIEWPOINT CHARACTER (FEMALE): I don’t have a lot of time, so I can only tell you these things once. Listen to me very carefully. I’m sure you’re very scared, and you have no idea who you are or what is going on, but you need to do exactly what I say, or you, and millions of others, will die. There’s been an incident, and things have gone horribly, horribly wrong. You need to help make things right. There are two things you need to do. First, remember this number: One nine four five zero six one six zero four four five. That is your passcode, you’ll need it to access systems around the facility. Second, see the picture? That is Colonel Hornby. You need to find him. And you need to hurry. After I finish talking, there will be a series of beeps. Hold the tape recorder next to the door while playing those, and it should unlock it. One last thing – be careful who you trust. Let yourself loose, and go find Hornby. Good luck.

AUDIO ENDS


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License